Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you want to bond a trio? Read this first

Quote Originally Posted by Snowytoshi View Post
    This thread has so much good info in it! I only have one query- I noticed a lot of stuff about f x f x m, but nothing about m x m x f. Does that work or will the two boys fight?
    It really depends more on personalities than gender in my experience.
    Last edited by Elena; 23-05-2012 at 01:20 PM.

Photos: Mischa/Mini/Nutmeg/Smudge/Imogen/Instagram Housing Stickies: Indoor/Outdoor

Quote Originally Posted by Elena View Post
    It really depends more on personalities than gender in my experience.
    I recentally lost Snowy (male) who was the most docile rabbit I have ever met and bonded almost immediately to Toshi (also male) who was (and is) dominant, demanding, and hyper. Since then Toshi hasn't bonded to the two females we've tried him with: Paige and Posie. They both ended up being dominant with other bunnies and so we decided not to get Posie, but Paige we kept cause she liked Snowy. Recentally (think yesterday) I adopted Joshua Aiden (male) who is also dominant. Would it be possible to bond all three or pair two of them off? I realize how slim that chance is, but I would appreciate any advice

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by Snowytoshi View Post
    I recentally lost Snowy (male) who was the most docile rabbit I have ever met and bonded almost immediately to Toshi (also male) who was (and is) dominant, demanding, and hyper. Since then Toshi hasn't bonded to the two females we've tried him with: Paige and Posie. They both ended up being dominant with other bunnies and so we decided not to get Posie, but Paige we kept cause she liked Snowy. Recentally (think yesterday) I adopted Joshua Aiden (male) who is also dominant. Would it be possible to bond all three or pair two of them off? I realize how slim that chance is, but I would appreciate any advice
    One of my examples was m-m-f It will be possible but only of the personalities work.

If you do want friends for your bunnies the most successful way to adopt is to let the rabbit chose their own friend, which gives them the maximum chance of success as a bonded pair/trio/group
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

The problem is the limited number of rabbit shelters in my area, the only one there is has two rabbits right now- one of which is Posie.

After taking lots of info in off different forums & friends I had a go at bonding my boys at weekend, three brothers, all neutered, French Lops, two I had bonded as a pair a few months ago, but i felt so sorry for the third being alone. I was fairly confident as they are all very laid back, 12months old, and they share the same shed space in turns, they could see each other through the hutch doors & there was never any argy bargy. Heart in mouth i put them together following my friend Bernies advice, and they have been absolute stars, they just settled like they were always meant to be together. here are some pics,
    DURING THE BONDING, THE AGOUTI & BUTTERFLY WERE PREVIOUSLY A BONDED PAIR

AFTER BEING PUT BACK INTO NEUTRALISED HUTCH

Fingers crossed they continue to enjoy each others company, because they are certainly content together.

Panda....Huggy.....Pooh....Arwen....Elvis

Wise Old Thumper

Fantastic!
    Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Please feel free to visit my therapy website and also my Professional Facebook page and Blog. You might find something interesting there!

I know, i just watch them & grin from ear to ear
    Its poignant as I lost their mum suddenly in january, really miss her loads, and i kinda feel proud that they are such calm boys & are doing so well.

Panda....Huggy.....Pooh....Arwen....Elvis

Thank you so much for posting this, as after finding out my female is actually a male i have been worrying about starting the bonding process, gizmo has recently been neutured and i shall shortly be having kenzi neutured, at the moment when they have their freetime they go up to each others hutches and have a sniff, Gizmo is more placid and at the moment Kenzi is more scittish as his hormones have started coming in, their hutches are situated next to each other at the moment and they can see each other at all times, so i was hoping that would help things when i can start the bonding process and from the sound of your post it is possible so i am very optimistic after reading your post. Thank you.[

QUOTE=sarahsum;5421199]After taking lots of info in off different forums & friends I had a go at bonding my boys at weekend, three brothers, all neutered, French Lops, two I had bonded as a pair a few months ago, but i felt so sorry for the third being alone. I was fairly confident as they are all very laid back, 12months old, and they share the same shed space in turns, they could see each other through the hutch doors & there was never any argy bargy. Heart in mouth i put them together following my friend Bernies advice, and they have been absolute stars, they just settled like they were always meant to be together. here are some pics,
    DURING THE BONDING, THE AGOUTI & BUTTERFLY WERE PREVIOUSLY A BONDED PAIR

AFTER BEING PUT BACK INTO NEUTRALISED HUTCH

Fingers crossed they continue to enjoy each others company, because they are certainly content together. [/QUOTE]

Default Trio of neurtered brothers....failing??

Have three male Lionhead bunnies. Bought them together and initially all got on well. Never parted so hoped they would all be friends. Have recently had them neutered but hormones not yet disappeared we think? Two are picking on one . He has had his back badly scratched and is very fearful of the other two. When in garden runs and hides behind objects and stears clear. Decided to separate them. One on his own and the two 'friends' together. Hoping that has the testosterone wore off they may become mates again.
    Every joint space meeting even on neutral ground doesn't seem to go well. Have left them separate for a couple of week. SO we tried splitting the friends up and putting one in with the other for short monitored session...is this a good ideas or a very bad one..we hoped that when the two weren't up against the one they may tolerate each other..so far the aggressors has mounted other Bunnie and then sat on his head.. any ideas to help..or should we just find another friend for the other Bunnie???

don't think I will probably ever add another bunny to my bonded pair but that made me think about the risks and I don't think its worth it