Page 85 of 91 FirstFirst ... 35758384858687 ... LastLast

Thread: The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

Young Bun

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    These are amazing !! Are you taking commissions at the moment ?
    Thank you, I do commissions yes. I charge 60 for an A4 watercolor. I can paint most animals, so long as they have fur

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by andyjudy View Post
    Thank you mightymax I will have a look.

You are very talented

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybunny54 View Post
    Hi, your stuff is so amazing. I thought I'd put some of my crafting on the forum. The quilt started off as a piece of scrap material that hubby bought from ebay.....He likes koi carp. I couldn't cut it into patchwork pieces as I would have ended up with bits of fish. In the end I decided to put frames around it. It just got bigger and bigger to balance the perspective. I got it out again this week to try and finish it. I quilted the bag and crocheted the blanket. I hope you like them.

Your work is stunning Fluffybunny

How long did the quilt take you? Is it all done on the machine?

Mama Doe

Hi MM, The quilt is a work in progress, mostly done on the sewing machine. I started it four years ago. Hubby found the centre piece on ebay, it was a piece of scrap material. I had it about two years, then I decided I couldn't cut the fabric into patchwork pieces without cutting into the fish, so I decided to put frames around it. Then I needed to find fabrics to co-ordinate. I found some Moda layer cakes and charm packs called 'Enchanted Pond' at a quilt show. I discovered Missouri Star Quilt Company tutorials on YouTube and started to make some patchwork pieces. Then disaster, I ran out of fabric and found it was discontinued. Eventually, I found some jellyrolls of it in a sale. I also had to find some other co-ordinating fabric. It got bigger and bigger, so now it is kingsized. In the last three years I've had to help out with my grandchildren but recently I decided to get it out and try and finish it. I've put a kingsize cotton sheet on the back and am having a go at free motion quilting on the sewing machine. I have hand stitched two rows of running stitches around each fish, which looks like ripples. I can't put a close up pic on because Photobucket is playing up again and won't let me copy the link.

Mama Doe

Here's the pic now.

Mama Doe

Here's the back. My first attempt at free motion ....not brilliant but it should get finished soon, as it builds up fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffybunny54 View Post
    Here's the pic now.

This is beautiful Thank you for showing a close up

Your quilt is so much work! I love your freestyle sewing on the back. I'm always a bit scared of doing that, as I tend to pull the material and then my sewing machine needle breaks

You're very clever indeed

Mama Doe

Thank you so much. I think free motion would be a lot easier if the piece was smaller. I'll be pleased when it's finished and washed. I've done loads of unpicking with it but it's quite easy if I sit on the bed and do it because it's so heavy. I think it's a case of "practice makes perfect". I've made several smaller quilts for family babies but always 'stitched in the ditch' and sometimes used the fancy stitches on the machine to fancy them up a bit.

More fabric coasters

Flip side

Kindle sleeve

Cushion covers

Bead (him) & Thread (me) is our little outlet for our talents (ha!)

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Bead-...04447419700468

Quote Originally Posted by andyjudy View Post
    Thank you, I do commissions yes. I charge 60 for an A4 watercolor. I can paint most animals, so long as they have fur

You are underselling yourself!

Click the photo for my etsy shop, or follow me on facebook