• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

:lol: Oh dear. I got a cheap chopping board from the poundstore and I cover it with baking paper to maintain a smooth texture. I also use surgical gloves to handle the clay to prevent finger print marks and keep my hands clean :) The major problem is dropping tiny bits on the carpet and then accidentally rubbing it in :oops: I might have a rainbow carpet thing going on :lol:

:lol: Rainbow carpet sounds good! :p Hmm surgical gloves may have to buy me some! *ponders* Thanks for the tips! It is messy but so much fun and as proven by you the results are fantastic! :love:

:lol: Rainbow carpet sounds good! :p Hmm surgical gloves may have to buy me some! *ponders* Thanks for the tips! It is messy but so much fun and as proven by you the results are fantastic! :love:

You're so sweet :love:

Ebay is great for lots of gloves at cheap prices. I bought 4 boxes last year and I still have two left :D

Magical Beehive

MagicalBeehive3.jpg

MagicalBeehive5.jpg

MagicalBeehive7.jpg

MagicalBeehive8.jpg

another bunny cross stitch for me today - I'm trying to get stuff made for a craft fair next month, but noticed tonight that the last two bunny things I've made have disappeared into Dd's bedroom!!!! :roll: I'll have to sneak them out tomorrow when she's back at school and hope she doesn't notice :lol:

6903164283_f2eabdd7d0.jpg

another bunny cross stitch for me today - I'm trying to get stuff made for a craft fair next month, but noticed tonight that the last two bunny things I've made have disappeared into Dd's bedroom!!!! :roll: I'll have to sneak them out tomorrow when she's back at school and hope she doesn't notice :lol:

This is lovely, I really like it. Did you make the pattern yourself or did you buy it as a set?xx

This is lovely, I really like it. Did you make the pattern yourself or did you buy it as a set?xx

thanks, I found the pattern on this website - Martha Stewart - scroll through to find the rabbit ;)

Edited to add - those patterns are for personal use only - I'm using my cross stitch buns for a craft fair display board, they will not be sale items ;)

Last edited:
thanks, I found the pattern on this website - Martha Stewart - scroll through to find the rabbit ;)

Edited to add - those patterns are for personal use only - I'm using my cross stitch buns for a craft fair display board, they will not be sale items ;)

They will be lovely on a display board..you could do lot's of different coloured ones and make it all bright and pretty. I'm trying to teach myself how to knit but I just can't get the hang of it, grr!! xx

They will be lovely on a display board..you could do lot's of different coloured ones and make it all bright and pretty. I'm trying to teach myself how to knit but I just can't get the hang of it, grr!! xx

thanks, I've tried knitting many times too and could never get the hang of it :? :roll: then about 5 years ago I taught myself crochet from looking at online tutorials and I find that so much easier and more enjoyable to do :D

i love this <3

Back