• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

Aww thanks :).

There are some really gorgeous things on here, my knitting looks a bit plain in comparison, but I'm just glad to finally get it finished!

I love knitting but I can't knit as well as you.

Chloe that is a wonderful painting :love:

:oops::oops::oops: thank u :) xx Fifibutton I have seen you paintings and they are really really good! :D Love them x:love:

Thank you :)

I have been making some autumn leaves recently:
ClayAutumnLeaves7.jpg

ClayAutumnLeaves5.jpg

ClayAutumnLeaves4.jpg

ClayAutumnLeaves10.jpg

Aww thanks :).

There are some really gorgeous things on here, my knitting looks a bit plain in comparison, but I'm just glad to finally get it finished!

i am in awe of your beautiful knitting. i have a grandaughter due any time and i can't knit at all!

I don't get a lot of craft work done now, so thought I would show a photo of a blanket I've just finished knitting for my grand-daughter (gosh that makes me sound old :lol:).

070.jpg

This is fab :love::love: There's something about knitting I just cant get my head around. I blame being left handed!

I'm supposed to be busy making for the christmas fairs I've got coming up but instead have just sat and made myself a necklace! Whoops!

420f26ea.jpg

This is fab :love::love: There's something about knitting I just cant get my head around. I blame being left handed!

I'm supposed to be busy making for the christmas fairs I've got coming up but instead have just sat and made myself a necklace! Whoops!

420f26ea.jpg

Ooh that is lovely and looks really warm. Is it made of felt?

Ooh that is lovely and looks really warm. Is it made of felt?

Yup, it's felt balls and grosgrain ribbon :) Though it turns out I underestimated how much ribbon I'd need, there's 4 meters in that, and had to attach chain to the back to be able to wear it!

Yup, it's felt balls and grosgrain ribbon :) Though it turns out I underestimated how much ribbon I'd need, there's 4 meters in that, and had to attach chain to the back to be able to wear it!

Wow 4 meters :shock:

Anneri your work is stunning. It would be hard to chose a favourite but I would go for the GSD which is incredibly life like. Thanks for sharing your work :D

My gosh so many talented RUers, I am in awe :love::love::love::love::love:

Currently I'm a little craft crazy and doing a bit of everything!

I have Christmas stockings, a mass variety of decorations, wooden pet plaques, pen holders and key racks, then there's jewellery, cushions and paintings.

Will add some examples later I guess. Although none are comparable to some of the work on this thread! :love:

Thank you for sharing! xxx

I did some embroidery for a christmas card :) At my last job, every year I was incharge of wreath making (was a big manor hosue so we had to have a huge traditional wreath for the front door!)

So I did corresponding embroidery for this year's card :D Looks a bit shoddy in the pic because I haven't actually turned it into a card yet - I need to borow an iron.

048-1.jpg

And I made a horticultural birthday card, just for fun.

051.jpg

Last edited:
I did some embroidery for a christmas card :) At my last job, every year I was incharge of wreath making (was a big manor hosue so we had to have a huge traditional wreath for the front door!)

So I did corresponding embroidery for this year's card :D Looks a bit shoddy in the pic because I haven't actually turned it into a card yet - I need to borow an iron.

048-1.jpg

And I made a horticultural birthday card, just for fun.

051.jpg

Those are really nice, I could see these being sold at a country fair or rural craft market :D

Aww I hope it didn't have myxi.

I really like your style, you'd make a good illustrator.

:thumb:

Good news .... spoke to the photographer and he said it/they didn't have myxie, it was just the angle it's sat at; they happily scampered off after...:D

Last edited:
:thumb:

Good news .... spoke to the photographer and he said it/they didn't have myxie, it was just the angle it's sat at; they happily scampered off after...:D

:thumb::thumb: That is great. It breaks my heart to see myxi buns. When I see wildies I want to adopt them all and keep them safe forever :oops:

A small drawing of Lady Jane (ACEO size - 2.5 x 3.5")
LadyJanezonkedagainNov2011034.jpg

A portrait commission
guineapigsbunnieslouisandpaintingsnov2011067.jpg

A pair of large portraits
guineapigsbunnieslouisandpaintingsnov2011064.jpg

Abstract bunnies
LJnewrunnov2011boyspaintingsetc067.jpg

More portraits from this year
DollsBinkyfaceupandwebbleportraitjune2011074.jpg

Bunniesandflowersetcjuly2011033.jpg

crystalpaintingfeb2011001.jpg

Cloud004.jpg