Page 101 of 102 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102 LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1016

Thread: The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

I’ve been playing with Powertex which is a fabric hardener. You can also mix it into a clay. After “curing” for 3 weeks it becomes weatherproof. I decided to make a fairy house inspired by those I’d seen online. I started with an old jar and modelled a roof for the house out of tinfoil. I then wrapped it in masking tape to help the powertex stick to it. You can just see to the left the lace I was going to use for the roof.

I also added some foil and tape to the jar to alter the shape.

I totally forgot to take a picture of the next step, but I dunked the lace in the powertex and added it to the roof. Despite the whole thing only being about 10 inches tall, it used up almost 2 metres of lace! I made some clay and used silicone moulds to make the door and window frames and some tiny leaves. I covered the base in gauze swabs soaked in the powertex and stuck it all together using the powertex. My basic form was brown, so I dry brushed the roof with red powertex and the base with ivory Powertex. I mixed some pearlescent pigment powders with varnish to finish off the house.

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wow, that’s amazing, Glingle

Binky free at the bridge Boots, you will never be forgotten xxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post
    I’ve been playing with Powertex which is a fabric hardener. You can also mix it into a clay. After “curing” for 3 weeks it becomes weatherproof. I decided to make a fairy house inspired by those I’d seen online. I started with an old jar and modelled a roof for the house out of tinfoil. I then wrapped it in masking tape to help the powertex stick to it. You can just see to the left the lace I was going to use for the roof.

I totally forgot to take a picture of the next step, but I dunked the lace in the powertex and added it to the roof. Despite the whole thing only being about 10 inches tall, it used up almost 2 metres of lace! I made some clay and used silicone moulds to make the door and window frames and some tiny leaves. I covered the base in gauze swabs soaked in the powertex and stuck it all together using the powertex. My basic form was brown, so I dry brushed the roof with red powertex and the base with ivory Powertex. I mixed some pearlescent pigment powders with varnish to finish off the house.

Omg I love this!

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glingle View Post

wtf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    that is one of the most fabulous/crazy thing i've ever seen! you are super talented.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

if you're reading this it's too late

That is absolutely incredible!

Wow! That's awesome! Such a great effect
    The geeky one...

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

Aww thanks guys. That was my second ever play with powertex. I did a workshop which taught me the basics, where we decorated a shoe from the charity shop. It started off like this,

And ended up as this,

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

They are amazing

Nowhere near as good as the stuff on here but I couldn’t find an earring holder I liked, so made my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nap91 View Post
    Nowhere near as good as the stuff on here but I couldn’t find an earring holder I liked, so made my own!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That’s lovely