• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

I've combined my 2 loves at the moment, bunting and crochet :love:
Excuse the awful colour combination these were just for practice ill post a picture of the finished bunting.

I have made a wedding present for my friend as she didn't want the traditional gifts. I havent finished it yet, a few butterflies and their names to go, but its getting there. Im just hoping they like it. Its supposed to be peacocks in a heart shape.....impressionistically-ish.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

Gingerbread stretchy bracelet with smaller beads than I usually use :D I really love the gingerbread man charms!

Fairy door with a flower, I have another with a yellow flower too :D

I have made a wedding present for my friend as she didn't want the traditional gifts. I havent finished it yet, a few butterflies and their names to go, but its getting there. Im just hoping they like it. Its supposed to be peacocks in a heart shape.....impressionistically-ish.

Sent from my HUAWEI G510-0100 using Tapatalk

That is sooo beautiful :love::love::love:

my eldest cousin is pregnant with a little boy and we're attending a secret baby shower next month. Both she and her husband are religious, hes a youth vicar, so I figured Noahs Arc would be quite apt for them :)

2ia50tk.jpg

This is stunning :love: Is it embroidery or wire work?

I need to post in here again, its been ages. I am going to be attempting to paint with clay soon for a gift for my hubby, I just hope it works!

Ooh I hope this thread is popular again with christmas coming up, I love seeing everyone's work.

I've done a couple of my RU christmas cards which I'm dying to share as it's so rare I do anything these days, but I wouldn't want the people they're for to see them ahead of time.

I've been slacking for a while now with the wedding consuming all my time and now the house, but I've found time to make this cutie.

Hope you like :)

il_570xN.689184090_n1yw.jpg

il_570xN.689184136_swmk.jpg

il_570xN.689302551_5gcy.jpg

il_570xN.689302569_isj7.jpg

I've been doing more phone cases after finding out about decoden things.. This is the iPhone 6 Plus.. It's massive! I've done others but this is my favourite.

I've made a few bits and pieces recently, basically to put off doing any studying :lol:

A little cat brooch made of a button:

003_zps299a8deb.jpg

Notebook with botanical art postcards as the covers - I've made a few of these as people's christmas presents.

002_zpsf03f622c.jpg

A little duck. :lol: He is a component of a special hat I'm making for a friend who loves ducks :lol:

007_zpsed8eebbc.jpg

And a little lizard made of beads. I usually make mice and butterflies like this but wanted to try something new.

002_zps34ae20bc.jpg

This was a present for my hubby's birthday. It is a painting in clay of a photo from our honeymoon destination.
It has been detailed entirely in clay which has been intricately blended and formed to create the medieval style German riverside town of Cochem. Looming above the town high upon a hill is the local castle. And as the area is is peppered with vineyards, and grape vines growing even on local houses and in gardens, so the image too has been been bordered with a grape vine and also detailed with a bottle and glass of the local wine.

I am really looking forward to seeing the completed duck hat!

Two of my five RU christmas cards have definitely been received so I can share those now :)

10849838_10153014094114363_4321663986089021513_n.jpg

10500585_10153014094479363_6358259713055715962_n.jpg

I am really looking forward to seeing the completed duck hat!

Haha I read this and was all like "Huh? Who's making a duck hat? I wonder what it's like???" then remembered it was me. Here's it is. The recipient was very happy :lol:

004-Copy_zpscdaf611f.jpg

Love your cards too BattleKat - when I paint it comes out looking like the work of a two year old :lol:

Nope just for going down Tesco :lol:

Sorry, couldn't resist creating that image though! :lol: It was for a friend's work leaving do, she loves mallards. Although I hope she'll wear it in daily life too. and knowing her, she might!

Back