• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

A few of the portraits I've done for people on here:

paintingsnino005.jpg

BunniesLJandfringeplusbitstosell003.jpg

DollsBinkyfaceupandwebbleportraitjune2011074.jpg

Bunniesandflowersetcjuly2011033.jpg

BigandBeige002.jpg

Wow :love::love::love:

Wow everyone's creations are amazing :D. I have no talent for drawing or painting (or modelling) though I've done some cross stitch in the past - years ago though, no idea where they are now! I love the toiletry bag someone made for their gran (sorry I can't be bothered to look back to see who it was :oops:). I've never tried sewing. The painted baubles are amazing and the portrait of Dreamer is beautiful.

Here's a couple of bits I've done over the weekend. :)

c3156646.jpg

fa5e3aae.jpg

Ooh they are very nice, I especially love the ship, it is so intricate :love:

I have just finished a commission for a a fellower RU'er in fact. It is not my normal style or subject matter but I really enjoyed doing it, t'was a new challenge for me :)

DSCF1466.jpg

LOVE IT....the monochrome then her eyes in colour! It's almost as if she's peering through a painting on a wall horror movie style.... fab!

Thank you :)

Here are some experimental clay pieces with gold lacquer that I hope to use for necklaces.

GreenGold.jpg

GreenGold13.jpg

^ Just liked those on facebook. :D
Great idea for a thread!

I like to make miniatures and also to play with polymer clay in 'fun' capacities.
I like to bake too.

Hm,
Here's a puppy. I also made the rug he's sitting on.
labpup2.png

scat.png

Here's one in progress.
IMGP3185.jpg

Just playing.
IMGP2832.jpg

When I was younger I used to enjoy drawing, but I was always pretty hit and miss. :lol: Here's one from when I was 15.
largehorsehead.gif

^ Just liked those on facebook. :D
Great idea for a thread!

I like to make miniatures and also to play with polymer clay in 'fun' capacities.
I like to bake too.

Hm,
Here's a puppy. I also made the rug he's sitting on.
labpup2.png

scat.png

Here's one in progress.
IMGP3185.jpg

Just playing.
IMGP2832.jpg

When I was younger I used to enjoy drawing, but I was always pretty hit and miss. :lol: Here's one from when I was 15.
largehorsehead.gif

These are great :D I love the progress pics and thanks for the Like :)

Yeah....I thought they're sssooo cute I just had to have a go. I love the one on the left. The one on the right's how it is on the photo and I thought I can't really see it's eyes!!!:( perhaps it's got myxie? will have a word with the photographer.
Have now tweaked the middle one's chin so it's not so harsh.....when I come back to it I can always see a bit more that needs a tweak....think's I'll let it be.....

Last edited:
Yeah....I thought they're sssooo cute I just had to have a go. I love the one on the left. The one on the right's how it is on the photo and I thought I can't really see it's eyes!!!:( perhaps it's got myxie? will have a word with the photographer.
Have now tweaked the middle one's chin so it's not so harsh and am thinking of darkening some of the soil bits....

Aww I hope it didn't have myxi.

I really like your style, you'd make a good illustrator.

I have some little clay works I finished last night. Again they will eventually become pendants but for now they look like this:

SilverBlack4.jpg

SilverBlack5.jpg

SilverBlack10.jpg

SilverBlack12.jpg

SilverBlack13.jpg

SilverBlack17.jpg

I don't get a lot of craft work done now, so thought I would show a photo of a blanket I've just finished knitting for my grand-daughter (gosh that makes me sound old :lol:).

070.jpg

here is one of my paintings i did after a holiday in turkey (from a photo I took) - i love doing vibrant landscapes :)

151.jpg

Back