• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

That's basically the problem I'm having with watercolour. I always used acrylics growing up and like you say you can kind of do anything anywhere, if you make a mistake you just paint right over it. I'm also really used to working on one area and then moving on to a new one whereas with watercolour it feels like you have to work more in layers and stages with a kind of "big picture" thinking that I am very much lacking! So basically I don't think it's for me and it's pointless trying but then I look at these incredible watercolour pieces and I want to master it!
I totally understand, yes :lol: Well I hope you get somewhere with it :thumb: I often think it means I'm a bad artist but it's not true, and the same for you! Your talents are amazing even if watercolour ends up not being one of them :D

I just finished a making a gift for my friend's new born baby- a felt garland for his nursery. I've never made anything like this before, so it took me a while.

I couldn't resist adding Winnie and Zigzag on one of the letters!

790fKfU.jpg

rrpS44p.jpg

toe0IrM.jpg

1hN1Fkc.jpg

Lovely work ZigZag! How's the etsy going? I had a look a few days ago and noticed you didn't have a lot listed at the moment.

I gave up trying to learn watercolours. Flicked through the books and felt entirely bored and uninspired so I returned them. I've still been using the paints, just with no real technique and I end up finishing off with brush pens and fineliners because I don't know what I'm doing :lol:

Recently I've done another sleeping woodland animal

162246699_2772154046383948_9108396887538493284_n.jpg

This french bulldog that I was super chuffed with but nobody has any interest in! Had fun doing it though so I don't mind.
il_1140xN.2876345026_pvkf.jpg

and these mermaids which haven't had much interest either but at least I've sold one!
153740385_2755573678041985_8850164030616057182_n.jpg

Oh and lastly I bodged together a table.

I started with this rusty old chair base that's been hanging around my garden:
167135773_10159805259359363_1457194904335171170_n.jpg

I had some black metal paint from another project so painted the base, then made a table top out of some decking offcuts I found at my brother in law's house. A quick stain later and I've got a table that I'm pretty chuffed with! Going to do something similar with the dining table that's rotting away out there too.
167414480_10159805259369363_6985818686851000106_n.jpg

Has anyone else got any projects in the works?

Well in classic "I don't actually know how to paint I just hope for the best" fashion, little mouse ended up stylistically quite different to how it started but I'm still pleased with it.
I was hoping to keep it a bit lighter but it got very murky and dull looking so I had to keep adding to it to get any sense of contrast back.

harvest-mouse-small-file.jpg

These are very beautiful pictures. I just saw the topic. Are you making these pictures yourself?

Well in classic "I don't actually know how to paint I just hope for the best" fashion, little mouse ended up stylistically quite different to how it started but I'm still pleased with it.
I was hoping to keep it a bit lighter but it got very murky and dull looking so I had to keep adding to it to get any sense of contrast back.

harvest-mouse-small-file.jpg

It’s lovely :love:

Back