Page 107 of 110 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 1098

Thread: The Crafter and Artists Sticky Thread

Quote Originally Posted by BattleKat View Post
    That's basically the problem I'm having with watercolour. I always used acrylics growing up and like you say you can kind of do anything anywhere, if you make a mistake you just paint right over it. I'm also really used to working on one area and then moving on to a new one whereas with watercolour it feels like you have to work more in layers and stages with a kind of "big picture" thinking that I am very much lacking! So basically I don't think it's for me and it's pointless trying but then I look at these incredible watercolour pieces and I want to master it!
    I totally understand, yes Well I hope you get somewhere with it I often think it means I'm a bad artist but it's not true, and the same for you! Your talents are amazing even if watercolour ends up not being one of them
    The geeky one... Pronouns: she/her.

Often available for bunny runs: PM for details.

I just finished a making a gift for my friend's new born baby- a felt garland for his nursery. I've never made anything like this before, so it took me a while.

I couldn't resist adding Winnie and Zigzag on one of the letters!

Those look so wonderful and cute! You did a great job with them! And they're even better with Winnie and Zigzag on the A.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

You're very talented Zigzag. Mouseypie is still nagging me for one of your huggers

Thank you both

Joey&Boo- they’ll be up on Etsy soon. I’m sure mouseypie would like it!

Lovely work ZigZag! How's the etsy going? I had a look a few days ago and noticed you didn't have a lot listed at the moment.

I gave up trying to learn watercolours. Flicked through the books and felt entirely bored and uninspired so I returned them. I've still been using the paints, just with no real technique and I end up finishing off with brush pens and fineliners because I don't know what I'm doing

Recently I've done another sleeping woodland animal

This french bulldog that I was super chuffed with but nobody has any interest in! Had fun doing it though so I don't mind.

and these mermaids which haven't had much interest either but at least I've sold one!

Oh and lastly I bodged together a table.

I started with this rusty old chair base that's been hanging around my garden:

I had some black metal paint from another project so painted the base, then made a table top out of some decking offcuts I found at my brother in law's house. A quick stain later and I've got a table that I'm pretty chuffed with! Going to do something similar with the dining table that's rotting away out there too.

Has anyone else got any projects in the works?

I love your rennovation of that table battlekat

That table is brilliant BK, what a great idea
    IF YOU NEED HELP WITH ANYTHING PLEASE SEND ME A PM OR ANY OF THE OTHER FORUM BUDDIES

Wow, that table looks amazing! I also love the squirrel and the little French bulldog, and am glad you sold one of the pretty mermaids.
    (Pronouns: he or they)

Work in progress!