• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My 2 hate being picked up this is..

Vita

Mama Doe
I've found that it's easiest to get them to climb into the carrier, and then pick them up from the carrier. This way I don't have to chase them and grab them, which is stressful for them and for me. They also struggle less this way.

Hello,

I have some bunnies that don't like being picked up either - so the way I check their bottoms is to encourage them to stretch up so that I can see their tummies. Normally I do this with the use of a treat or part of their breakfast and they poke it through the wire at the top of their run or hutch so they stretch to get it. To them it's all part of the game. Obviously, if you have an elderly bunny who can't stretch like this, this wouldn't work.

Kindest Regards,

Sarah

I do this with mine as well. They like their headrubs too, so I can give them a good check over when I'm stroking them and they're nomming their tea. Because I touch them a lot, they're not too bad when I go to pick them up, but they certainly don't enjoy it!

Back