• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Where do you buy your Hay?

Currently buying from The Range - £3.99 for a big bag of devon meadow hay and they also sell my wood based litter cheaper than where I used to buy it :D lasts me about 2 weeks

We buy ours from a local farm and it's only £4 for quite a large bale. We got 2 bales a couple of months ago and we are only half way through one bale and the bunnies LOVE it x

I buy mine from a farm and horse feed shop. Five pounds a bale and the buns adore all the stalky bits in it. I had some hay for pets meadow I was giving them a little at a time and they ignore it now.:shock::shock:

Wow! Thanks everyone some great ideas, links and recommendations!:) Ive read through all your posts and I'm spoiled for choice. We are rural and have several farms around us, so a nice bale seems a good idea, but I also like the look of the links you have posted.......decisions........might try both and see what Twinkle likes:)

I buy from a local horse suppliers place recommended by my local rescue. Brought my first bale last weekend and my 5 bunnohs love it. Cheaper than from elsewhere and now they are doing fabulous big golden poos - perfect.

I'm also thinking of getting some different hay treats from the places people have recommended on here as a present every now and then. I also buy the hay cookies as well as they have to work harder to chew them and it makes a nice variety.

Just put in my first order to Hay For pets!!:) They were very helpful when I telephoned. Can't wait for it to come now. Twinkles get through his hay mega fast and if the Ings Hay is as lovely as it sounds I think we will have one very happy little bunny:)

Hay for pets Ings hay is a favourite with my bunnies and it is good value compared to some other online suppliers.

The hay experts are good and they have lots of different kinds of hay, my bunnies like Oat wheat and barley and Timothy hay and Orchard grass.

I have brought some West Wales Willow hay but my bunnies seem to prefer the hay for pets hay

Hay for pets Ings hay is a favourite with my bunnies and it is good value compared to some other online suppliers.

The hay experts are good and they have lots of different kinds of hay, my bunnies like Oat wheat and barley and Timothy hay and Orchard grass.

I have brought some West Wales Willow hay but my bunnies seem to prefer the hay for pets hay

I've just ordered the 4.5 kg to begin with really hope Twinkle likes it. I will order more then if he does. Just wondered if it would be as good for his teethies as Timothy? The man I spoke to said it was quite stalky so hopefully it will be ok:) Hay for Pets didn't have any Timothy yet, the new stocks are supposed to be coming in, in the next week or so if I understood correctly, so then I might try some of that as well (well not me personally:shock::shock:):lol:

I get mine from Hay for Pets also I think its great hay and good value. Just put an order in for 4.5 of Ings and a 9.5 of meadow hay as they like that best.

i buy my hay from Johnsons Garden centre, they sell smaller bags priced £2.99 ish and large bags which i buy priced £6.19 each, it is very fresh, good quality meadow hay which is my bunnies favourite and the guinea pigs adore it too, and eat mounds of it, i get through 1-2 large bags per week, they also sell bags of other types of hay, such as timothy hay which are in smaller bags and more expensive, if i can't get to Johnsons for the hay i buy a bag or two of meadow hay from the pet shop down the town at £2,25 for a smallish bag but the animals don't like this one as much , on occasion i have brought hay from pets at home and wilkinsons too if i am shopping there anyway

I buy Pure Pastures meadow hay maxi for £3.65 for 4kg from Scats. Its lovely and green and my rabbits love it!

I would love to get a massive bale, but have no idea where to get it from! :)

Back