Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: Those who have chose NOT to vaccinate

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by parsnipbun View Post
    A really good vet is one that will stress how very very important vaccinations are. Therefore I think you should discuss this with your vet.
    ofcourse they know how important they are!!

dosn't change the fact i can't get them done untill I am able to!!
    Emma x

9 Cats- Mr Tigs, Lola, Ruby, Darcy, Tubs, Thomas, Bear Bear, Minnie and Derek
    3 Rabbits- Daisy, Matilda and Grayson
    5 Chickens- Hetti, Martha, Gwendolyn, Dorris and Frieda
    6 Dogs- Two family Labradors- Poppy and Lily, and 3 pugzus Elsie, Dolly and Mabel and a blind pug called Wallis

Quote Originally Posted by emmiiee View Post
    its not about not affording them

ive heard that buns who have HAD the jabs getting the actual illness

whereas buns that have never had vax, never getting ill :/
    Then why did you post this???

Now you are saying that you know they are important and yet you cant get them done yet - the total opposite of what you said in your earlier post!
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Warren Veteran

I wanted to see WHY people choose not to vac them!!
    Emma x

6 Dogs- Two family Labradors- Poppy and Lily, and 3 pugzus Elsie, Dolly and Mabel and a blind pug called Wallis

Warren Veteran

Now you are saying that you know they are important and yet you cant get them done yet - the total opposite of what you said in your earlier post!
    Well everyone else seems to think their important!! lots of things are important dosn't mean people do them!!

I wanted to know if anyone else didn't see the need to vacs them
    Emma x

Answering personally I would never not vaccinate a rabbit unless it already had a life threatening illness or serious immune deficiency of another kind which made the vaccine dangerous to give.

Even then, having seen myxi close up, I would think very hard which was the worse scenario.

I would never prioritise something else in life over the provision of vaccines for the rabbits.
    Who carry in their hearts Sweet Pea, Florence, Bramble, Parsnip, Quickthorn, Quince, Sage and little Snowdrop. We also remember Viola who visited.

Well everyone else seems to think their important!! lots of things are important dosn't mean people do them!!

I wanted to know if anyone else didn't see the need to vacs them
    You say you "Don't see the need" to vaccinate them.....
    My blog, Howard's House

Wedding pictures!

My signature might stay as the above for the whole year...afterall...look at those faces...aren't they rather gorgeous? I think so! I might be a little eager with the ChirsMoose spirit...or perhaps just a little lazy in not bothering to change my signature pic. The choice is yours!

Warren Veteran

Answering personally I would never not vaccinate a rabbit unless it already had a life threatening illness or serious immune deficiency of another kind which made the vaccine dangerous to give.

Even then, having seen myxi close up, I would think very hard which was the worse scenario.

I would never prioritise something else in life over the provision of vaccines for the rabbits.
    But how do u no your rabbit have a life threatening illness before you give them it!! how do I no one of my buns has i duno a heart defect or something and they i vacs them and they die!

well you are very lucky you can put your rabbits ahead of everything else in you life good for you, sadly I cannot!!
    Emma x

Wise Old Thumper

But how do u no your rabbit have a life threatening illness before you give them it!! how do I no one of my buns has i duno a heart defect or something and they i vacs them and they die!

well you are very lucky you can put your rabbits ahead of everything else in you life good for you, sadly I cannot!!
    You don't. A good vet and a good owner, together can work out in the huge majority of cases whether or not the rabbit is well. There will always be times when that is not possible, but very, very rarely do you actually hear about those situations.

Normally, if you're going to hear about anything, it is rabbits with existing conditions being vaccinated when they shouldn't and not coping.

It's a percentages game and weighing up the risks and the pros and the cons.

Whatever the owner does they have to be 100% comfortable in themselves with what they have done, and then it won't matter what anyone else says.

Had someone told me I should have vaccinated Wish or Badger it would have been irrelevant to me because I knew that was not the case.
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Warren Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by RubyTed View Post
    You say you "Don't see the need" to vaccinate them.....
    if anyone else thought they didnt need vac's and have never been ill etc!

so far I've have 7 rabbits for up to 18months living along side, guinea pigs, cats, dogs, chickens, hamsters

and none of them have been ill apart from self inflicted injuries!
    Emma x

Quote Originally Posted by Alicia View Post
    My 2 are vaccinated against myxi but not against VHD because at the moment I can't find a vet near to me who doesn't use cylap, and I'm not going to get my rabbits vaccinated with cylap because of the side effects. People may disagree, but that's what I think.
    I am looking for a vet that doesn't use cylap, and if I can't I will ask for it to be ordered in. It may not be for a while until they are vaccinated against VHD but the rescue I got them from said that myxi was the priority so they've had that and I'll get them vaccinated against VHD as soon as I can.
    I don't know whereabouts in Surrey you are but my vet in Windlesham uses Anivac and/or Lapinject

http://www.windleshamvet.com/
    Erin and Paul - Bunny Mummy and Daddy to: Moley and Squirrel / Uno, Pico and Amelie / Bea, Florrie, Archie and Reggie / Pancake and Billy / Penny and Albie / Geronimo, Solomon and Luna

Binky free our beautiful Louis and Lilia - until we meet again. xxx

http://www.wagnwoof.co.uk/