• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit toy making and enrichment activities.

These are great! Definitely gonna try these for my mischievous pair! I also give them my girls old tight tied up in a knot they throw them n wee on them n then they can have another pair lol! Also they like boxes made into houses

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I just picked up a packet of 4 cat toy balls with bells in the middle from Asda for £1.
u5a4eryn.jpg

Put hay through the holes..
ehuby8uh.jpg

And now I'm watching my girls pushing them around the room :)
vedatety.jpg

Sent from my LG-P880 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
These are great thank you all for the ideas!

Our favourite is a sleeping bag! I lie on the floor and hold it open for them so they can can tunnel down, sometimes letting it collapse so they have to burrow their way out, it works just as well with blankets too! Also getting the duvet out on the floor, they love the new texture and bounciness and would binky around and dig and flop etc :)

xxx

These are great thank you all for the ideas!

Our favourite is a sleeping bag! I lie on the floor and hold it open for them so they can can tunnel down, sometimes letting it collapse so they have to burrow their way out, it works just as well with blankets too! Also getting the duvet out on the floor, they love the new texture and bounciness and would binky around and dig and flop etc :)

xxx

My two love using me as a climbing frame. If I'm lying on the floor (which I have always preferred) they climb all over me. One even binkied on my back earlier!!
They also love it when I have pillows stacked so they can climb onto the sofa. I've made them a new "fort hideout" out of old duvet sets, and my clothes horse, they were both flopped in there when I came to bed :lol: :love:

Just made a hay tube

and I put a few crunchy pellets hidden in the middle. My boy is now going bananas flinging it about, bashing it on the floor, generally destroying it :p. he loves it so much and it was totally free! thanks so much for the inspiration :p

Longer-lasting(?) tubes

I made some tubes out of a poster tube: really thick cardboard, will even survive a day of rain without too much ill effect! Lopsy's not a chewer so there's little damage from rabbit teeth >D

First, get a poster tube and saw it into different lengths: I stole mine out of someone's recycling wheelie bin :) We have three different lengths as shown in the last picture.

In the longer tubes (anything over 6") stuff hay down: this will create a 'barrier' in the middle so you can put treats in both ends:

1911847_10101316772630888_2761213496444559563_n.jpg

Excuse the fur ;P

Then, put some treats is: I use this as a more interesting/long-lasting way of feeding Lopsy his pellets ('beans').

10406664_10101316772865418_4736537471366649381_n.jpg

Then, stuff the ends with hay to stop the treats falling out! With the really long tubes, make sure there's enough hay dangling out for bunny to get a grip and pull it out! Here's my three with the top two (single-stuffed small and double-stuffed medium) one finished:

1920544_10101316772231688_60337580869077522_n.jpg

Some fab ideas on here, can't wait to try them out. I'd already got a ball with a bell inside so just been looking for longer bits of hay to push through, Alfie loved trying to get them out :D

I've stuck some hay through Alfie's ball and made him a treat box filled with hay and dried dandelion pieces

11196276_10153236249270409_417073786565120664_n.jpg

Here's Bella with her treat box filled with the same things. I also hid pellets around her hutch and it didn't take her long to sniff them out.

10931228_10153236245355409_5963613915105428583_n.jpg

I haven't managed to read the whole thread yet, so hope i'm not doubling up an old post.

I've been collecting toilet roll tubes for weeks, and our bunny loves it when we set them up like bowling pins, and drop treats inside. He pulls them all down, and when he runs away, we set them up again, so he has lots of fun! We stick in his ordinary food pellets as well as a few treats, he doesn't seem to mind if it's not an extra special reward.

Last edited:
Back