• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Best way to apply Rear Guard!

clarebear

Mama Doe
I've never used Panacur before, but the vets have given me some as part of their bunny health club! Any tips on applying it to two wriggly bunnies?

Last edited:
I use a saucer and push the squidgy sponge thing up and down until there is a nice lot of liquid in the saucer and then apply using the sponge (otherwise its tricky to get enough liquid on the rabbit without pushing really hard on the poor bu!)

I force the sponge off the bottle & literally pour it on, you have to press too hard on bunny with the sponge for it to work i think.

If your rabbit is fit and healthy, and keeps himself clean and tidy, then Rearguard is quite unnecessary.

Read the instuctions regarding the contra-indications before you apply regarding possible loss of appetite etc.

I'm not a fan of applying chemicals unnecessarily (if you hadn't noticed!!)

If your rabbit is fit and healthy, and keeps himself clean and tidy, then Rearguard is quite unnecessary.

Read the instuctions regarding the contra-indications before you apply regarding possible loss of appetite etc.

I'm not a fan of applying chemicals unnecessarily (if you hadn't noticed!!)

I was recommended it by the vets and the lady I board my bunnies with, but to be honest I have never done it before......not sure it's going to be that sucessful either! :roll: They are pretty clean bunnies, and I do check bums every day, just a bit of a worrier too!

Back