• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Agouti rabbits??

my two lionheads are agouti aswell
007.jpg
[/IMG]

My Gordon's agouti :wave: People have told me they don't like them because they are 'plain'. I don't think they're plain at all, each strand of hair is different colours, I swear Gordon changes every day :lol: :love:

I have two fosters, Rosie and Sky, who are agouti. They are 6 month old sisters and have great personalities. I thought they would have been away by now but they are still here. Amazingly the three year old pair of ladies I had were rehomed first.

The agoutis.

SkyRosieClimb.JPG

The other pair who are now rehomed

EvaMariaRun.JPG

Ben in my photo is an agouti. I'm not sur eof his heritage, though he may actuqlly have a drop of wild blood in him.

Wild rabbits come i different shades of agouti from a reddish to more silvery. I've seen rabbits in these colours, and ownred a silvery agouti wild doe for some years.

Sky and Rosie are adorable and I were allowed two more I'd have taken them!

There are some wild crosses in resue, if you can take the time to look through the rabbit rehome site.

I have two fosters, Rosie and Sky, who are agouti. They are 6 month old sisters and have great personalities. I thought they would have been away by now but they are still here. Amazingly the three year old pair of ladies I had were rehomed first.

The agoutis.

SkyRosieClimb.JPG

If DJ (FFiL) had said I could get 2 companions for Benjamin I'd have asked for these two! they are stunning in my books, and are simply lovely girls.

i can't understand why agouti's are overlooked either, i LOVE them, my very first rabbit Cottontail was a beautiful agouti that i got 18 and a half years ago, and one of my current rabbits Daniel ,is an agouti and he is just gorgeous :love::love: i am a big fan of agoutis, but look beyond looks and love all of my 7 rabbits equally, no matter what colour they are:love: , over the years i have had a whole range of colours, breeds, shapes and sizes , they all have such lovely but very different characters and personalities :love:

my gorgeous Daniel

P1010053.jpg

P1010039.jpg

P1010047.jpg

P1010003.jpg

Last edited:
i dont understand why so many buns get overlooked just because of their colouring....i suppose its the same old story people still go by how something looks and dont take the time to look under the fur at the different colours within it or the bunny inside :?

My Beatrix is agouti. I love the colour its beautiful. Agouti has a lovely sprinkling of mixed colours. It kind of reminds me autumn colours. :love:

beatrix.png

bigstretch.png

Are you after a wildie?

we may be - . . . . we have the lovely young Pippin (14 weeks and when last looked was looking male) who is a hand reared wilie. Not sure whether to try and put him in with an existing group or launch out into a wildie pairing . . .

i dont understand why so many buns get overlooked just because of their colouring....i suppose its the same old story people still go by how something looks and dont take the time to look under the fur at the different colours within it or the bunny inside :?

I think you've summed it up, sadly.

Back