• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Agouti rabbits??

I love agoutis. There are two wild cross rabbits in my local rescue at the moment, they are two ofthe most stunning creatures I've ever seen. They have the lovely multicoloured fur, but white tummies, and the slightly heavier build of domestic rabbits, and the most inquiring and intelligent faces :love: If only I had more space!

Photo153.jpg

On my ipod so cant put any pics up at the moment, but my Charlotte McGee is an agouti uppy eared bun and she is sooooo pretty :love: I feel so lucky to have her, I had actually chosen another bun at the rescue to adopt, but as soon as I saw her I knew she was 'the one' for my boy Max :D She has slotted into our family perfectly, we all adore her, especially Max :love:

I have 2 agouti lionhead lops that were in the RSPCA for 6mths before I had them - their colour was the main reason they hadn't been rehomed. :cry:
P1000413.jpg

It's a colour and a group :)

The colour agouti is just like that of a wildies, the bun in my sig is an agouti

And then there's the pattern groups, agouti, tan and self. The agouti group includes many colours such as agouti, lynx, opal, cinnamon, chinchilla, even harlequins and thriantas have an agouti genotype

Of course a lot of people on here love the agouti colouring, but many others would go for a more unusual, or brighter or 'prettier' colour\markings first, so many agouti's do get overlooked

Last edited:
I love my Daisy Boo - I got her from Celia at Kirkby. She's got such personality - she's into everything and loves her cheeks and nose rubbed. I totally love her! :love:

SANY0363.jpg

daisyboo.jpg

100_0831.jpg

:D

Pippin is an uppy eared agouti and he's the most handsome bunny I've seen.
P2080012.jpg

IMG-20110709-00183.jpg

My Trouble is agouti, and so was his brother :)

261900_2221131371567_1346175338_2648648_4139385_n.jpg

I'm also possibly going to be adopting an uppy eared agouti soon, depends if she gets on with Trouble :D I love the colour :)

I have an agouti and a REW and very nearly an uppy eared black rabbit but a fantastic home came along for him which was better than I could offer him at the time. I think its the red eyes that put people off cause whenever people come to mine they always comment on Tilly the white bun first

I have two...

Fiver

Fiver1.jpg

and his brother Crunchie

Crunchie1.jpg

Oddly out of all my bunnies guests always seem to fall for these two.

Back