• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Agouti rabbits??

Grin

Wise Old Thumper
What do they look like - apparently they are over looked in rescue too!!

I've tried googling for images but all different types came up. :shock:

bella and jasper are agouti, but their different coate types make the colour look different.

bella:

010-25.jpg

020-8.jpg

jasper:

009-17.jpg

007-16.jpg

the base colour is dark brown with light brown and then the tips are flecked with dark brown to finish :)

Yes, it's 'boring' because you see them everywhere. If you actually roll back their fur it is the most amazing fur and so pretty.

Yes, it's 'boring' because you see them everywhere. If you actually roll back their fur it is the most amazing fur and so pretty.

i dont think it's broing at all :) i dont think im ever gonna not have an agouti bun, im always drawn to them for some reason :wave:

My wee rabbit nephew is white with agouti ears and marking. His fur changes colour from brown to darg grey as you get closer to his skin. He's very handsome. :love:

you are right , plain up-eared agoutis are the hardest to home..followed by rews, then plain black up eared :cry:

I'm really shocked at this. I think i'd tend to go for the ones in rescue for the longest because that seems fair. Oh - obviously if we were the right family for that rabbit too.

I'd have to let the rescue chose for me because i dont think i could ever make a choice - i love them all - regardless of colour of fur - that bit really gets me!! :shock:

I've never 'chosen' any of ours - they've just found their way to us really! :lol::lol::lol: And i'm glad now because i would hate to think of them being overlooked on race issues!!

I used to have two agouti sisters. I think they're beautiful! :love:

Here's Usagi...
Usagi1b.jpg

The only thing that worried me is that if they escaped, would people just assume they were wildies and not bother taking them to a vet?

(They never escaped, just a paranoid pondering!)

That is why I got my Daisy, I had heard how hard they are to rehome. I wasn't interested in what she looked like, I just wanted a friend for Thomas. I'm so glad I brought her home :love:

059.jpg

Back