• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Any advice on Netherland Dwarf Bunnys?

This was my beautiful Princess Tinkerbell, she was gorgeous.

000_0044.jpg

Very Cute :love:

My first rabbit when I was very young was a nethie. He spent most of his time in the house and was like a little dog. I have a huge soft spot for them and hope to have nethies again in the future. They are feisty little beasties but so full of character.

Good luck in your search and I hope you'll pop in to show us some photos when the time comes.

I have two as house bunnies. I love watching them - they are so entertaining whizzing around the place (they definitely are active and need space, but would agree that they are skittish. They are definitely NOT cuddley bunnies - sometimes they get up on the sofa and climb onto us, but if we ever try to hold them they wriggle away.

Also - they do spend a LOT of time snuggled up together, and I would hate to think of either of them without a friend.

i fell in love with nethies after saving one from a horrible fate.. Eli was my soul bun and he was so chilled and easy going, when i got Dot to keep him company he doted on her.
he was a house bun and would climb onto my shoulder to sit with me for ages on an evening, he was very affectionate.

i was devastated when i lost him but it also started me on my love for nethies, i have 2 now and a mini lop. they all live outdoors now but they still have that quirky sweet nature i love.

Last edited:
I reckon my home will only be a home with a nethie in it :D Never not had at least 1 nethie for the past 23 years.

It's not so much that Nutmeg was aggressive during the bonding, she was just very nervous to start with and thought every time they came up for a grooming that they were trying to attack her :(

It's not so much that Nutmeg was aggressive during the bonding, she was just very nervous to start with and thought every time they came up for a grooming that they were trying to attack her :(

I am sure it is their nervousness and their 100 mile an hour attitude which has affected them when bonding, I am not convinced that it is anything else.

Our Nethie, Geronimo is AWESOME!!! :love: So affectionate to both bunnies and people. He is a cheeky monkey though and has bags of character. Have had no problems bonding him.

I would say though that, although small, nethies need a lot of space as they are fast movers and our Geronimo loves different levels and jumping on things.

I am sure it is their nervousness and their 100 mile an hour attitude which has affected them when bonding, I am not convinced that it is anything else.

Yup, agreed.

The second time I tried Nutmeg stayed like this for about 10 minutes before I had to step in and move her. :cry:

_IGP8269.jpg

Despite that I think if they hadn't got into an unneutralised room which led to Nutmeg being injured I think we may have made it. She was just starting to understand and to groom Mini when that sadly happened.

Back