• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can Rabbits eat Lavender?

Yes they can but they might not like it much - Alfie and Bubbles only have the very occasional nibble. ;)

I read that they can, and it makes them relaxed.

I gave some to Rolo the other day, as he was in manic mode. He sniffed it, licked it, then chucked it out of his dish and wee'd on it. Guess that means he wasnt over-chuffed:roll:

Rach x

Lavender is the only think I have ever know Strawbs turn his nose up at- and this is a bunny that will eat plaster from walls and soil!

Doesnt this depend on the 'variety' - i thought there was one type that is poisonous?

This is just plain run of the mill lavender - i didn't even know you got different kinds! I'll give them a go and see what they think. Mine are all piggies so I'd be surprised if they turn their noses up at it :lol:

Thanks all :wave:

Doesnt this depend on the 'variety' - i thought there was one type that is poisonous?

I haven't read anything about particular types being a problem.

Nicki, Alfie is the world's biggest pig and even he turned his nose up. :lol::lol::lol:

Mine all eat my massive lavender plants!!!!!! They're generally more chilled/stoned after it too!!! LOL!

Just to be contrary.....Buttons nibbled some lavander half an hour ago and then had a crazy 5 mins hurtling round the garden!!!!!! Crazy lady!!!!!

:love:

Last edited:
Mine eat the whole lot all the full plant in the plant pot if I don't move it I'm down to one pot full out of 3 I need to go garden centre and get some more it also keeps the flys away :wave:

Floppy eats lavender plants down to their roots! He's pretty chilled anyway so haventnoticed a behaviour change!

Back