• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

from then to now

xx-snowball-xx

Wise Old Thumper
how snowball's living quarters started and how it now looks

started off as a basic puppy play pen.
far too many toys in it with no space to move
carpet underneath
you can also see the pole that holds the sides of the pen together sticking up over the top
IMG_3008.jpg

added a sheet to the top because he got big enough to jump out
shortly after this i turned the pole holding the pen upside down and put it up through the bottom instead of down through the top.
the bit sticking out could then be folded down leaving no dangerous bits sticking up.
IMG_3162.jpg

changed the shape from a circle to a rectangle because having it round was wasting lots of space

also started putting sheets and towels underneath
IMG_4292.jpg

added mesh to the top instead of having a sheet over it
here you can see what i mean about bending the pole over. it is more clearly seen in a picture further down.
IMG_4469.jpg

IMG_4623.jpg

changed the flooring from sheets and duvet covers to lino
here you can clearly see the folded over pole. i did this by hand, the metal was thin enough to just bend over with a bit of effort.
IMG_4848.jpg

IMG_4851.jpg

I have that puppy pen. It was Biscuits home for many months and then Gingers for a couple post-bond too :)

As a square, its 4x4 so gives 12sq ft, same as a 6x2 hutch but obviously the length isn't as good.

I think you've done alright so far :)

I have that puppy pen. It was Biscuits home for many months and then Gingers for a couple post-bond too :)

As a square, its 4x4 so gives 12sq ft, same as a 6x2 hutch but obviously the length isn't as good.

I think you've done alright so far :)

It's a nice little cage isn't it :)
I tried to make it a square, but ended up with 2 panels sticking out, it wouldn't work :lol:

As a rectangle, it's about 6 x 2.5 so it's quite a good size :)
Once bubbles and snowball are bonded, they will have the pen and the dog crate will be attached :)

Aw thanks :)
I quite liked searching through the photos seeing how it started and how it is now. It's changed a lot even though it's the same accomodation.

He was on muesli when I first got him, but now has pellets. He was getting whole bananas and whole carrots as well :lol:
Things sure have improved for mr snowball :)

It's a nice little cage isn't it :)
I tried to make it a square, but ended up with 2 panels sticking out, it wouldn't work :lol:

As a rectangle, it's about 6 x 2.5 so it's quite a good size :)
Once bubbles and snowball are bonded, they will have the pen and the dog crate will be attached :)

Aw thanks :)
I quite liked searching through the photos seeing how it started and how it is now. It's changed a lot even though it's the same accomodation.

He was on muesli when I first got him, but now has pellets. He was getting whole bananas and whole carrots as well :lol:
Things sure have improved for mr snowball :)

ANd i think that's the biggest benefit of being a part of this forum...

Zoidbergs life has improved tenfold thanks to this forum, and now Mary's has been able to be improved as well.

that and friendly chat! :lol:

ANd i think that's the biggest benefit of being a part of this forum...

Zoidbergs life has improved tenfold thanks to this forum, and now Mary's has been able to be improved as well.

that and friendly chat! :lol:

It's nice when a forum like this can make such a difference isn't it :)

I love a nice chat, can always come here when i am lonely and have people to talk to :)

Back