Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zithromax - how to make it up - help please ASAP

Default Zithromax - how to make it up - help please ASAP

Hi guys.

I've got the meds (200mg/5ml) and am very confused about how to make it up.

It says 1ml of reconstituted suspension daily.

So if the bottle of powder is 15ml and the box says "15ml powder + 9ml water" do i take that to mean i need to use 5ml of powder and 3ml of water to make up 5ml which is 5 days worth?

Does that make sense?

Can anyone confirm this for me please - asap if possible as im meant to be giving it tonight and this has been confusing me now for ~30mins!

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to post.

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
    Hi guys.

I've got the meds (200mg/5ml) and am very confused about how to make it up.

It says 1ml of reconstituted suspension daily.

So if the bottle of powder is 15ml and the box says "15ml powder + 9ml water" do i take that to mean i need to use 5ml of powder and 3ml of water to make up 5ml which is 5 days worth?

Does that make sense?

Can anyone confirm this for me please - asap if possible as im meant to be giving it tonight and this has been confusing me now for ~30mins!

Thanks in advance for those who take the time to post.
    That is how I understand it

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post
    That is how I understand it
    Me too

Sounds sensible to me!

Do you need small animal boarding in Central Scotland? Have a look at my advert for my boarding service.

http://www.findpetboarding.com/small...g/profile/5416

Hi! If you need help with anything, please send me, or one of the other forum buddies a message and we will do our best to help.

Wise Old Thumper

You'll need to make up slightly more than you need in 5 days (there's always a bit of wastage). I'd probably measure the powder out into 2 halves and add 4.5mls of water to one half.

This might be a little late but i have just read your post. I hope you have it sorted out already, but.... Always reconstitute as the box says, like childrens medicines. This means all the powder and all the water. This is your suspension to give 1ml daily. Throw any left away after the course. If you do not reconstitute exactly you will be giving the wrong dose. Never ever guess these amounts. Safe vibes sent to you and your bunnies.

Quote Originally Posted by bunnybobby View Post
    This might be a little late but i have just read your post. I hope you have it sorted out already, but.... Always reconstitute as the box says, like childrens medicines. This means all the powder and all the water. This is your suspension to give 1ml daily. Throw any left away after the course. If you do not reconstitute exactly you will be giving the wrong dose. Never ever guess these amounts. Safe vibes sent to you and your bunnies.
    The vets said it was fine to do what i'm asking This was THEIR recommendation but i got confused

They said theres no point in making it all up as it only lasts 5 days once mixed so i'd be wasting 2/3 of the bottle.

Quote Originally Posted by abbymarysmokey View Post
    You'll need to make up slightly more than you need in 5 days (there's always a bit of wastage). I'd probably measure the powder out into 2 halves and add 4.5mls of water to one half.
    Thanks Amy

Little insights like this are brilliant - i will go for the 2 halves options as not to waste it

Your a gem, thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by GrahamL View Post
    The vets said it was fine to do what i'm asking This was THEIR recommendation but i got confused

They said theres no point in making it all up as it only lasts 5 days once mixed so i'd be wasting 2/3 of the bottle.
    Glad you have this sorted out now. From a pharmaceutical point of view, no one would recommend you doing this but if your vet said this is ok then of course you must take their advice. Your excess powder should be thrown away anyway as no pharmacy would guarantee the stability of it.