Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runaround system...any good?

Banned

Default Runaround system...any good?

This is my buns set up...it is looking very boring at the moment...I'm struggling to think of what to put in there to keep the buns entertained that they wont destroy within hours and piddle on within minutes

They love their tunnels though...trouble is that they take up so much floor space I was thinking of having a runaround tunnel down the 6ft legth of the run creating a long external tunnel...what do you think?

I was also thinking of having a runaround tunnel coming out of the front of the run leading into a second run on the patio.

My question is...how trustworthy are the tunnels...would you only give supervised access to it...like can a bun chew their way out of it...and a fox chew its way in?

Do the tunnels connect securely to the flower doors? on the runaround video it looks quite flimsy

Any pictures of peoples' runaround tunnels and setups would be appreciated

Last edited by cloughie; 11-06-2011 at 08:52 PM.

I will post some pictures of mine tomorrow. I have a tube coming from the top level of a 6 foot hutch through a flower on the bedroom door to a mid level box down to an L shaped run which also goes under the hutch.

I am happy with how the tube attatches to the flower. mine is all secure in a small avairy type run so there is no worried about prefators.
    Purchase your Pledge a Pound hoodie here

Help support the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign and spread the message that rabbits should not be bought on impulse by visiting their shop here

Supporting pet stores without livestock where profits are created ethically

The tunnels are made of very sturdy wire, a rabbit certainly wouldn't get through

The flower attachment thing seems sturdy to me, I don't have a runaround system myself but I've seen a few
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Wise Old Thumper Mischief and Tinker's Mum's Avatar

They're good, very sturdy but a nightmare to get bunny out of.
    - Emma

Click here to see how I bonded my group of 5 rabbits!

Binky free Mischief, Tinkerbell, Jasper, Blossom, Theo, Poppy, Hector, Velvet and Reuben xxx

Quote Originally Posted by Mischief and Tinker's Mum View Post
    They're good, very sturdy but a nightmare to get bunny out of.
    Yes defo! If you have a shy/timid/skitty rabbit I certainly wouldn't reccomend. They are a great idea though, a tunnel system like what wildies would use that can all be interchanged, so they're not just in a square, boring hutch all the time
    Elmo and Cookie the Thrianta brothers ♥
    Princess the Lionlop

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by cloughie View Post
    My question is...how trustworthy are the tunnels...would you only give supervised access to it...like can a bun chew their way out of it...and a fox chew its way in?

Do the tunnels connect securely to the flower doors? on the runaround video it looks quite flimsy
    The tunnels are quite durable, I was surprised when I got mine how strong and thick it was. I think it'd take a long time, if at all, for the bun to chew out or a fox to get in.

Flower connector is very sturdy. You can buy a 'double door' for a few pounds more which will give you extra clips, instead of using the plastic rest that they give as standard. I definitely think that holds the tunnel in better but like others have said either connection is quite sturdy and reliable.

Banned

Thank you So are there rings of wire in the creases of the tunnel? I didn't realise that I like the idea of having a complete run around system but it is out of my price range at the moment

haha...luckily I have 2 very greedy buns...one rattle of the bucket of pellets and they soon come out of hiding

Thank you Janice that would be appreciated

Quote Originally Posted by Dee Jay View Post
    The tunnels are quite durable, I was surprised when I got mine how strong and thick it was. I think it'd take a long time, if at all, for the bun to chew out or a fox to get in.

Flower connector is very sturdy. You can buy a 'double door' for a few pounds more which will give you extra clips, instead of using the plastic rest that they give as standard. I definitely think that holds the tunnel in better but like others have said either connection is quite sturdy and reliable.
    Thank you...I will definitely go for a double door then ...ave you got any pics of your set up?

Last edited by janice; 12-06-2011 at 08:29 AM.
    Purchase your Pledge a Pound hoodie here

Help support the Make Mine Chocolate! campaign and spread the message that rabbits should not be bought on impulse by visiting their shop here

Supporting pet stores without livestock where profits are created ethically

Warren Scout

Quote Originally Posted by janice View Post

Wow! that looks lovely. Its almost a Shame that Benjamin is a house rabbit now! love the look of the tunnels. Must remember them once I can find my own place!

Banned

That looks fab Janice Do your buns go through the tunnels ok at that angle?