Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does is EVER get easier?! :(

Aww yes Rainbow I definitely remember you speaking about Bilbo *hugs*

Sky-O yes I think I feel worse when I'm feeling low anyway. But on the coach I was fine, then burst into tears! Oh cool, what have you done? Like I said I have a photo printed onto canvas and have that hung, I did make a kind of shrine to him in the garden where he was buried (but moved out 4 1/2 years ago so can't visit that anymore ) But I'd love to do something else

Oh I know what you mean about 'forum names' they can be really funny! We have a work one where we all have different names (over 10,000 of us and the company forum isn't too good!) and we did a massive meet up one day and I got so many shocks, people who I was convinced were girls were men, and the opposite
    Jasper,Abbileah-Louise,PrincessBelle,Bramble,Bumble<3
    James,Clio,Tia-Lucy--NEVER forgotten,ALWAYS loved xx

i think the fact you are not letting yourself cry for him is the reason its taking you so long to come to terms with your loss

it took me almost a year to get over my Pearl and occasionally i still cry but i think time has definately healed me and the fact i cried when ever i needed to really helped. she will always be my wallpaper pic on my laptop tho, i will never forget her

Alvin my precious angel is no longer living with me *sad face*
    RIP Hollywillaboobie love you forever... Alvin is ruling his own little kingdom at Hopper Haven http://www.hopperhaven.org.uk a bunny paradise

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT PLEDGE A POUND - Visit the Pledge a Pound Website and Forum http://pledgeapound.net/about.php

Wise Old Thumper

Quote Originally Posted by xEMMAx View Post
    Aww yes Rainbow I definitely remember you speaking about Bilbo *hugs*

Sky-O yes I think I feel worse when I'm feeling low anyway. But on the coach I was fine, then burst into tears! Oh cool, what have you done? Like I said I have a photo printed onto canvas and have that hung, I did make a kind of shrine to him in the garden where he was buried (but moved out 4 1/2 years ago so can't visit that anymore ) But I'd love to do something else

Oh I know what you mean about 'forum names' they can be really funny! We have a work one where we all have different names (over 10,000 of us and the company forum isn't too good!) and we did a massive meet up one day and I got so many shocks, people who I was convinced were girls were men, and the opposite
    I volunteer I started off just doing home visits for the local RSPCA and became known as 'the rabbit lady', but then I started fostering and educating and all sorts. I now take in rabbits with special needs, when I can, that would likely die if they didn't come to me, and turn them around and give them a quality of life.

I'm not anyone official, but I call my home 'Flash's Place' and deem all those residents who come here, as being at Flash's Place. To me it keeps his memory alive and gives meaning to the time we had together, and also to his loss.

Essentially, I make a difference because of him, and anyone can make a difference to others, and there are many other ways to do that to suit different people.
    PLEASE DONíT QUOTE MY POSTS IN ANY THREADS I START. Thank you

Please Remember to Advocate for your Rabbit.

'I have the responsibility to do what I want in a world of others, but so does everyone else and it works best if we take each other into account.' (EVD)

Quote Originally Posted by donnamt View Post
    i think the fact you are not letting yourself cry for him is the reason its taking you so long to come to terms with your loss

it took me almost a year to get over my Pearl and occasionally i still cry but i think time has definately healed me and the fact i cried when ever i needed to really helped. she will always be my wallpaper pic on my laptop tho, i will never forget her

I definitely do cry, just not when other people are around

Aww yeah, agree about the wallpaper

Quote Originally Posted by Sky-O View Post
    I volunteer I started off just doing home visits for the local RSPCA and became known as 'the rabbit lady', but then I started fostering and educating and all sorts. I now take in rabbits with special needs, when I can, that would likely die if they didn't come to me, and turn them around and give them a quality of life.

I'm not anyone official, but I call my home 'Flash's Place' and deem all those residents who come here, as being at Flash's Place. To me it keeps his memory alive and gives meaning to the time we had together, and also to his loss.

Essentially, I make a difference because of him, and anyone can make a difference to others, and there are many other ways to do that to suit different people.
    Oh wow Sky-O that's really fantastic! What a great thing to do

I'd LOVE to volunteer and/or foster, but not too sure about how to get into it, I think as I'm moving house this week and getting settled (not planning on moving for a LONG time this time!!) I'll definitely get in touch with some rescues and see if they need a hand.

It does get easier in the sense that time numbs the pain so you can get on with your daily life, but the loss will sometimes still catch you out too.

I've been lucky in the sense I've grown up with lots of animals, but equally have experienced a lot of losses (16, I think). Having other animals around you helps you to keep going, and always try and remember the happy times over the sad. My most recent loss was our 10 year old border collie who died two years ago, it was way before his time and still chokes me up when I think of how he died, but I am slowly being able to remember him with a smile instead of a tear. Hope that helps x

Yes, definitely gets easier in daily life, I remember right after it happened I couldn't even get out of bed, it was 2 weeks between losing James and adopting Clio so I didn't have the 'animal support' which I 100% agree helps when other furries are around! I think that's why I don't feel as strong towards the other buns I lost (obviously I loved them) but I had my attention elsewhere at the same time, and they all seemed to pass away 'naturally' so was a lot easier to accept.

Thanks Grace x