Thread: What cleaning products to use on shed lino??

Default What cleaning products to use on shed lino??

Just about to place my adsa order and then I had a thought.....I have been using the Bob Martins hutch cleaner/disinfectant for Poppy in her hutch. What should I use if I want to mop the lino in her shed? Do I still use that?

Can I use normal floor cleaner? She's a really clean bunny but I will still want to give it a good mop/clean as well as doing her litter tray regularly. So far I have only swept her shed out and changed her litter tray....

Would appreciate any advice please

I use water out of the kettle with some vinegar in it. I'm going to try one drop of lemon oil in it next time too.

Mama Doe

My hutches are lined with lino and i use bob martins spray or similar.

Maybe spray it on the floor and mop it?

I wouldn't know what to use on a large scale.

Im tempted to say something like savlon but im not sure

Lily a piece of my heart died the day you left for rainbow bridge - until we meet again I will cherish the memories within my heart. I love you chica xxx

Love Mummy Karen xxx

I just get on my hands and knees and give it a good wash with a hot soapy (fairy liquid) cloth

Hera - gone to the bridge 29.12.2011. We miss you baby. Binky free xxx

Hopper Haven website
    Here

Join our Facebook page!Facebook

I use hot water and vinegar for my shed floor. As soon as it's dry you can't smell it.

Trigene is a good safe product you can make up and use as a floor cleaner. You can buy it online as a concentrate and make it up as you need it. It has a good shelf life.

Quote Originally Posted by Schuette View Post
    I use water out of the kettle with some vinegar in it. I'm going to try one drop of lemon oil in it next time too.
    ^ this I think Schuette is meaning white vinegar, it's a really good natural disenfectant, I'm not sure malt vinegar would work aswell so thought I'd mention it. Bicarb of soda mixed with vinegar is a really powerful natural cleaner.

Human liberation will begin when we understand that our evolution and fulfilment are contingent on the recognition of animal rights and on a compassionate and responsible stewardship of nature.
    Dr Michael W.Fox (1937 - )♥

http://www.peta.org.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by VickiP View Post
    ^ this I think Schuette is meaning white vinegar, it's a really good natural disenfectant, I'm not sure malt vinegar would work aswell so thought I'd mention it. Bicarb of soda mixed with vinegar is a really powerful natural cleaner.
    Yeah we always get white vinegar purely because someone mentioned malt stained their carpet and I do sometimes use it on carpet, although it's mainly used on the Lino.

Thanks I always have bicarb in so will order some white vinegar as well It was one of those moments were you realise you have only thought something through 90% of the way! lol!

Quote Originally Posted by helen01 View Post
    Thanks I always have bicarb in so will order some white vinegar as well It was one of those moments were you realise you have only thought something through 90% of the way! lol!
    Just be careful on your ratio's and never ever add bleach it causes really harmful fumes (to humans aswell) if mixed with bicarb, you probably want about 100ml of white vinegar, teaspoon of bicarb and then 200ml of water, the lemon juice is a good idea aswell as it will smell fresh and repel flies

Human liberation will begin when we understand that our evolution and fulfilment are contingent on the recognition of animal rights and on a compassionate and responsible stewardship of nature.
    Dr Michael W.Fox (1937 - )♥

http://www.peta.org.uk/