• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

What cleaning products to use on shed lino??

helen01

Warren Veteran
Just about to place my adsa order and then I had a thought.....I have been using the Bob Martins hutch cleaner/disinfectant for Poppy in her hutch. What should I use if I want to mop the lino in her shed?:oops::oops: Do I still use that?

Can I use normal floor cleaner? She's a really clean bunny but I will still want to give it a good mop/clean as well as doing her litter tray regularly. So far I have only swept her shed out and changed her litter tray....

Would appreciate any advice please:wave:

I use water out of the kettle with some vinegar in it. I'm going to try one drop of lemon oil in it next time too.

My hutches are lined with lino and i use bob martins spray or similar.

Maybe spray it on the floor and mop it?

I wouldn't know what to use on a large scale.

Im tempted to say something like savlon but im not sure :?

I just get on my hands and knees and give it a good wash with a hot soapy (fairy liquid) cloth

Trigene is a good safe product you can make up and use as a floor cleaner. You can buy it online as a concentrate and make it up as you need it. It has a good shelf life.:D

I use water out of the kettle with some vinegar in it. I'm going to try one drop of lemon oil in it next time too.

^ this I think Schuette is meaning white vinegar, it's a really good natural disenfectant, I'm not sure malt vinegar would work aswell so thought I'd mention it. Bicarb of soda mixed with vinegar is a really powerful natural cleaner.:wave:

^ this I think Schuette is meaning white vinegar, it's a really good natural disenfectant, I'm not sure malt vinegar would work aswell so thought I'd mention it. Bicarb of soda mixed with vinegar is a really powerful natural cleaner.:wave:

Yeah we always get white vinegar purely because someone mentioned malt stained their carpet and I do sometimes use it on carpet, although it's mainly used on the Lino.

Thanks :D I always have bicarb in so will order some white vinegar as well:D It was one of those moments were you realise you have only thought something through 90% of the way! lol!

Thanks :D I always have bicarb in so will order some white vinegar as well:D It was one of those moments were you realise you have only thought something through 90% of the way! lol!

Just be careful on your ratio's and never ever add bleach it causes really harmful fumes (to humans aswell) if mixed with bicarb, you probably want about 100ml of white vinegar, teaspoon of bicarb and then 200ml of water, the lemon juice is a good idea aswell as it will smell fresh and repel flies:wave:

Back