• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Those with 2+buns how do you feed them?

How do you feed your buns?

• One bowl

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • A bowl each

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Scatter feed

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Other (please state)

Votes: 1 4.5%

• Total voters

emmiiee

Warren Veteran
hoping to get my trio bonded and living together, how do you guys feed yours, how can u be sure everyone gets equal shares of food!

I have one whos much more possesive over his food than the others etc x

I scatter feed. That way, they all have to run around to find the food.

I'd then monitor each and every bun to see if somebun is missing out.

I also seperate Ginger to give her extra food.

Hand feed, although, with the prof fibre, at the moment, i'm using bowls for the outsiders.

I'm thinking of going with a bowl each, cos once their eating there normally focused on their own bowl

I'm thinking of going with a bowl each, cos once their eating there normally focused on their own bowl

If, like me, you have one who eats faster than the other, be aware of how one will go to the other bowl :wave:

I haven't voted cos it's a bit complicated :oops:

Mini and Mischa are easy, they eat about the same pace, are the same size, don't fight etc. so with them I scatter feed pellets and put greens in a large saucer designed for under garden pots. I used to scatter feed greens too but it makes everything wet :oops:

Nutmeg and Smudge on the other hand are a bit more difficult. I do the same with greens but with pellets I hand feed one or two to get them on opposite sides of the room and then I put a pile of pellets in front of them and supervise. Nutmeg eats slower than Smudge but as she's a bit smaller she also gets less so that balances it out. I normally divide their daily pellet allowance into two, one lot in the morning and one lot in the evening and then each one of those I divide into one third and two thirds, Nutmeg gets the one third, Smudge gets the two thirds. And this way they usually finish about the same time.

With my three the night time veggies go on a plate. Morning pellets are scattered but I do have to watch Cheeky cos she's a greedy so n so and will pinch Munchkin's pellets. She daren't take Tilly's :D

I use one bowl but really should feed separately as ruby gets the most pellets and veg. She will eat as soon as the food goes in the hutch and reggie often isn't ready to eat. There isn't much point me taking him out for feeding as I could be hours waiting for him to have something also he doesn't eat with me near him. I know if he does want something he pushes ruby out of the way. He eats mostly hay anyway and can't be doing bad as his weight is spot on according to the vet and he has maintained a constant weight since I got him. Ruby on the other hand has got a bit fatter!

Back