• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poppys new summerhouse :-)

helen01

Warren Veteran
Have spent the weekend ripping out the kids summerhouse and decorating it for Poppy. My youngest has sold his Playmobil to pay for his bunnies new home (and he chose the colour scheme:shock:lol)

He has called it 'Poppy's Palace:D'

may2011011.jpg
may2011012.jpg
may2011013.jpg
may2011014.jpg
may2011015.jpg
may2011016.jpg
may2011017.jpg
may2011018.jpg
may2011019.jpg

Just got the run to stain tomorrow
may2011020.jpg

Now that she has got her new home I am going to take my youngest to the local RSPCA on Wednesday to have a look at the bunnies needing homes so that Poppy can have a friend:love:

:love: Thats really pretty, did you use an ordinary emulsion on the inside of the shed ? I've not seen a timber preservative in pink, I'd like to paint the ply inside my shed a nice colour but wasn't sure if it was safe, they can't chew the ply as it is flush, what did you use? P/S Poppy is lovely too :)

Last edited:
:love: Thats really pretty, did you use an ordinary emulsion on the inside of the shed ? I've not seen a timber preservative in pink, I'd like to paint the ply inside my shed a nice colour but wasn't sure if it was safe, they can't chew the ply as it is flush, what did you use? P/S Poppy is lovely too :)

I mixed the Wilkinsons cream shed paint (pet safe) with a blob of rich berry (cuprinol garden shades tester pot:D).

Ahhh good idea, I might have to copy you ! Thanks very much I'm writing that down :D

If you have a look on the cuprinol site they suggest using jasmine (something or other! lol) and the berry one to make pink. I couldnt get the jasmine so took a gamble on cream:p It took quite a few coats though:oops:

If you have a look on the cuprinol site they suggest using jasmine (something or other! lol) and the berry one to make pink. I couldnt get the jasmine so took a gamble on cream:p It took quite a few coats though:oops:

Oh OK will do thankyou thats great. :D I've got the sea greeny colour on the outside, when I did that last year there wasn't much choice really in the shades range so they've obviously expanded it, I will definately do that, the inside of my shed looks gloomy compared to yours it's in need of a 60 minute makeover, I'm sure the relaxed ambience will all assist to have a nice happy couple living there although, you know your going to have to completely neutralise it before the new one comes with white vinegar and make it a bit different, Poppy is likely to have made herself at home and I don't blame her, she might get territorial.

oh that looks great! And isn't your son a sweetheart helping out like that :)

She's his bunny, he saw her in p@h and asked to rescue her. She had been a stray and then a house bunny but she chewed through wires and was electrocuted:shock: He is away at camp this weekend so hasnt seen it all yet....I really hope he likes it:D

Back