• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What type of litter tray do you use?

SamanthaJane

Warren Veteran
Mine's a shallow rectangle box - just big enough for one really but they can both get in with room to spare.

I think it's too shallow though as they kick out the litter sometimes. But if I get a high sided one will they be able to get in? Well, they will be able to, but will they be bothered is more the question! Might be too much like hard work!

I have just put an underbed storage box in Poppys shed as a litter tray...she jumped in and out fine...will let you know tomorrow if she actually used it! lol!

I use the ones in this pic

shed2.jpg

The buns can hop in easily enough but given the choice not to they'd rather not. I just make sure they can't get at the hay unless they're sat in one :oops:

I use the same ones as in the picture for my lionheads and slightly larger ones (same make) for my lops. I get the smaller ones from Wilkinson's for about £3.99 and the larger ones off a website.

I use the ones in this pic

shed2.jpg

The buns can hop in easily enough but given the choice not to they'd rather not. I just make sure they can't get at the hay unless they're sat in one :oops:

Sorry to take the thread a little off topic, but what's that hay thingie in the tray? it looks ike they can get under it which is fab - I don't have any way to fasten a hay rack to the walls so something that sits in it would be amazing...
:)

Sorry to take the thread a little off topic, but what's that hay thingie in the tray? it looks ike they can get under it which is fab - I don't have any way to fasten a hay rack to the walls so something that sits in it would be amazing...
:)
it's a veg rack and just about fits in the trays I have :) I think it was from homebase.

I think my trays are about the same size as the ones lops posted.

it's a veg rack and just about fits in the trays I have :) I think it was from homebase.

Yep I think they are too, until Yaretzi said about the veg rack I hadn't noticed that box - only the one on top of the hutch, and that looked smaller at first - sorry xxx

Yep I think they are too, until Yaretzi said about the veg rack I hadn't noticed that box - only the one on top of the hutch, and that looked smaller at first - sorry xxx
no probs - it's hard to tell in a pic like that as the hutch and shed could be any size. I just thought I'd let OP know what size they are, I wasn't offended or anything :lol:

We use a corner tray within the cage and in the main enclosure (permanent access) there is a litter tray that is just a blue polka dotted one from pets at home. It has a clip on sloped rim bit which makes it higher at the back and also serves to hold litter tray liners in place :) Litter tray liners are such a godsend. Makes cleaning him out a 10 minute job with no retching as opposed to an hour having to take breaks to stave off puking. Unneutered buck's pee is the WORST. Eurgh.
It's a pretty neat tray and he only pees over the edge when I fill it too high with hay (which I don't like to do cos then it doesn't drip through the hay and he sits in the pee and gets wet fur :roll:

They also do it in pink with white dots and cream with multi coloured dots. I like litter trays to be pretty haha
x

Hokay, fab. And now I start the long search to find a veg rack like that with enough room for them to get underneath :lol:

Back