• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

would dried vegetables be a good option..

biscandmatt1

Wise Old Thumper
..for rabbits that can't tolerate fresh vegetables very well?

bisc and matt can't tolerate much but i don't know if this is because of the fact it is veg, or whether it is because it's fresh..

galens garden have lots of dried veg and i thought maybe some would be a nice variety alongside their tea of fresh herbs? :)

Maybe the water content gives them problems?
In which case dried would work... maybe get a small amount and give it a try :)

I suspect its either the sugar content that is causing problems or the content that causes gas (the sort of greeniness if you see what I mean that makes cabbage cabbage). Dried carrots etc retain all the sugars - and in fact as the chunks get smaller and more concentrated with water it is actually higher in sugar - so thats no good.

Have never seen dried cabbage!!

If you mean dried dandelions etc then may be worth a try but do not feel that water as such is going to be the issue.

they never had problems with carrot when they had that but it was alway the gassy veggies they couldn't tolerate so i don't know whether dried would make any difference with those.. i don't really know.

the site has:

dried broccoli florets and stems, pak choi, green cabbage, kale, celeriac, carrot flakes, apple pieces.

i would just feed the leafy green ones. i'm always scared trying anything new with them :oops:

they already have loads of different varieties of dried herbs etc and love those. just think their tea times look a bit boring as it's always fresh herbs.

Back