• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Nino (Dec 15th 2006 Gotcha Day - March 21st 2011)

prettylupin

Wise Old Thumper
Well, it's been a long time coming this thread. Grief and being a new mum has prevented me doing it until now and my time is short so this is rushed :cry:, but even then I don't think words could ever do my special little bunny justice, but I owe it to him to try.

Dearest little Nino, few on here would know that your real name was Domino :D I don't know why we started calling you Nino, but really you were Nini (nee-nee) and that's what we always called you :love: The word 'no' happened far too often for you to be able to tell the difference between reprimand and your name you had your nose into EVERYTHING all of the time! :roll:
We used to call you the most annoying bunny in the world.... and we loved you for it, and we miss you more than words can ever say :cry::cry::cry:.
We carry on without you but there is a huge gaping hole in our house and in our hearts and on the mat by the radiator in the kitchen every night where you should be. We miss the galloping of your little nails on the kitchen floor and the skidding around as you obsessionally do circuits around the pillar, in your strange unique little way - and we miss joking about the men in white coats coming to fetch you away! We miss you always being under our feet ever hopeful that food might be on the menu. I have always wondered how a being so silent can be so loud and alive, the house is so quiet without you and it is a sad silence that i'm not sure anyone else could ever fill.

You were my companion and my friend during some of the most difficult times in my life, you saved me from a deep depression and the end of my career and gave me back my life from a debilitating illness. I have everything to thank you for. It was because of you that I became interested in rabbit medicine and you have helped so many other bunnies through this.
We know all too well that you picked us that day at the RSPCA and not the other way around, you came bounding up to the bars across a long kennel to meet us, your white fur stained yellow and black from the newspaper flooring, your crooked jaw and the sign over your kennel that said 'Do not shut Domino's catflap as he can't get back in'! :lol:

I am so sorry little man that in the last few months before you left us when Sammy was born I could not spend so much time with you, I feel like I let you down and abandoned you and I will always feel that way, I am so sorry :cry::cry::cry: We will never forget you Nini. Poppy misses you still I am sure and I still have a little cry for you my special bunny. We miss you so much and loved you more than you will ever know. xx

198.jpg

PICT0509.jpg

603.jpg

109.jpg

116.jpg

003-4.jpg

Last edited:
Beautiful tribute, crying for you all :cry::cry::cry: In those photos he looks just perfect :love:

Binky free Nino, hope you are having fun at the bridge xxx

Binky free Nino. You were such a handsome boy. Thinking of your family and Poppy as they miss you so much. xx

Thats a lovely tribute to your special man Vicky. :cry::cry: Lovely words and gorgeous pictures.

Its so true when you said that Nino has helped so many other RU bunnies, including all of mine, by getting you into rabbit medicine. I am very grateful for that.

It must be so hard without him. :cry:

Binky free gorgeous Nino. I always loved that pic of you looking in the mirror xxx

I've opened this thread a few times now and not known what to say. I still don't, words don't seem enough :(:( i'm so sorry. He sounds like such a character and he was so gorgeous :( RIP beautiful Nino.

That's a lovely tribute - and fitting for such a special bunny.

I love the photo of him looking in the mirror.

He'll no doubt be off somewhere sleeping soundly like he is on the shelf.

xxx

Lovely photos- he looks like he was curious about everything. I hope you Poppy are coping without him xx

Your eulogy is very touching. It conveys not only the fact that he was such a handsome boy but also that he had a special place in your life because of his beautiful spirit.

The memory of animal companions like Nino stay with us forever.:cry:

Sleep tight Nino.:love:

Back