• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sheds Nearly Finishedd/ UD new upper level revamp

Lovely and lovely bunnies :love: that walled area is crying out to be made an aviary run though, you could put aviary panels on top of the wall and have the door where the gap is maybe :)

i knoww it soo is :p thats my long term plan but im quite poor after shed, furnishings, toys etc :p and the girls are getting spayed this week so the aviary is gunna be my summer holidays project :)

i knoww it soo is :p thats my long term plan but im quite poor after shed, furnishings, toys etc :p and the girls are getting spayed this week so the aviary is gunna be my summer holidays project :)

It will look really good, what you've done is great though, I'm sure they'll love it and it's exciting having more flexibility to improve, lovely lucky buns :love:

Thanks :) i constantly look for new ideas to add to it ... only thing is they are chewing the inside terribly and its not all that thick as its overlap ... i have bought the anto chew spray used a whole bottle in a week and they have apple branch and 100s of edible/chewable toys any ideas what will stop them?

Thanks :) i constantly look for new ideas to add to it ... only thing is they are chewing the inside terribly and its not all that thick as its overlap ... i have bought the anto chew spray used a whole bottle in a week and they have apple branch and 100s of edible/chewable toys any ideas what will stop them?

Buy a very fine wire mesh and tack on the inside of each side probably up to 2 feet high, or buy untreated panels of wood to line it out.

I'm so lucky that my buns don't chew. Well, Frank can't (no incisors) and Petal just doesn't x

As Lespacehopper suggested or ply line it out and use some metal edging stips on corners, the ply lining is good in the sense you can insulate it in between with polystyrene panels aswell for warmth in the winter months. Someone also used some clear perspex sheeting type stuff on hers with edging strips on corners. There are lots of options just avoid MDF if it's likely to be chewed :wave:

As Lespacehopper suggested or ply line it out and use some metal edging stips on corners, the ply lining is good in the sense you can insulate it in between with polystyrene panels aswell for warmth in the winter months. Someone also used some clear perspex sheeting type stuff on hers with edging strips on corners. There are lots of options just avoid MDF if it's likely to be chewed :wave:

i think i might try ply and insulate it for winter .. is mdf bad? i havent got any i dont think, just didnt know that :)

WOW !!! so much room for them both inside and out, everything looks great. Love that wooden stool you have for them inside. :D

Thank you matyyp :)
Haha yeh i had to buy that for them to be able to get on the shelf ... toby tried to use the box which caved in and he fell on blossom :shock::lol: so i got that from the range 4.99 in pet section. hopefully they will chew that instead of the shed :roll: haha

Sorry bit pic heavy :p theyre just too cute :D

New upper level :D
039.jpg

036-1.jpg

ramp
037-1.jpg

on the shelf
038-1.jpg

new placemat :)
043-1.jpg

overview of bottom floor
044-2.jpg

new hammock :D
042-2.jpg

041.jpg

All this makes for happy bunniess :D
034-2.jpg

031-1.jpg

022.jpg

I started with the tiny shelf but only one bun could fit and they kept knocking stool over and getting stuck :p so opted for a bigger one i kinda stole the idea from the duchess playhouses thread :p
Old shelf
012-1.jpg

now its the toy/treat shelf
040-1.jpg

the bunnies are so happy now :)

Haha see i would love to have indoor rabbits but my mum and bf are allergic :( but tbh i think my bunnies are happy been left to their own devices in the shed :lol:

Back