Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Feeding routine?

Young Bun

Default Feeding routine?

I have only had my two rabbits since Wednesday and I am just wondering what everyones feeding routine is?

Mine goes like this
    7am fill up hay rack

12pm top up hay and give 80g pellets ( shop told me to give 40g each)

4pm check hay top up if needed

6pm greens yesterday they had dandilions and rocket today they had kale.

10pm check hay and top it up for morning.

Obviously times are approx I don't set an alarm or anything lol does this sound ok?
    Thanks cerri

Young Bun

No one have a routine?

Its a saturday morning so people may have plans or just having a lazy day so might not be online yet.

Generally you only feed rabbits an eggcup full of pellets each..

My routine for my rabbits..
    I give them their pellets in the morning, a small handful each for Cooper, Marley and Dexter and just top up Willows food bowl. Then I give them fresh hay.
    I let Willow out of her cage after that, she gets out of her cage every morning and every evening, from about 10am-2pm in the morning and about 6pm-11pm at night.
    At night time, everyone gets their vegetables and a top up of hay. Willow gets her pellets topped up. Water bottles get changed and Marley and Dexters water bowl gets refilled.

*Willow is on alot of pellets as she is only 9 weeks old and she is a flemish giant, its reccomend to give flemish giants alot of pellets due to the growing they are doing and also the amount of protein they need in their diet. She pretty much has unlimited pellets.

The pellets I feed Cooper, Marley and Dexter and Burgess Excel which is great. The pellets I feed Willow are Burgess Excel Junior and dwarf because it has extra protein for her. But Willow is getting some of the dry food she was fed at her last home still which was a mix between red mills pellets and a museli mix. But thats nearly all gone now.
    ''Me, Myself And My Animals'' - http://michelleandpets.blogspot.com/

Young Bun

I think I might need to cut down on their pellets then! As 40g each seems a lot more then an egg cup full!

They love their hay though which is good!

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny-mum View Post
    I think I might need to cut down on their pellets then! As 40g each seems a lot more then an egg cup full!

They love their hay though which is good!
    Ya it sounds alot more, cut down on the pellets slowly to not upset there tummys. What type of pellets are they?

Hi, sounds like you've got a good routine going, but I agree that you might want to cut down on pellets abit

My routine is:

8am- An eggcup full of pellets per bun, hay top up and water change.

4-5pm (i.e. after work)- Hay top up and fenugreek crunchie each.

7pm- Veggie time (handful of herbs, veggies and/or grass each) Hay top up

Bed time- Hay top up and water change

Gemma, mum to;

My beautiful Tilly left me for the bridge 11/01/2010. I love and miss her every single day. Sweet dreams precious girl, lifes not the same without you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Young Bun

They are on pets at home pellets for junior an dwarf! But I will be changing them over gradually to another one when I have done some more research into the best one

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny-mum View Post
    They are on pets at home pellets for junior an dwarf! But I will be changing them over gradually to another one when I have done some more research into the best one
    Yes that would be a good idea to change them over to a better one. Good ones are Burgess Excel which is what I feed but some people say it has cause there rabbits sticky droppings but my four do great on it and there is science selective which alot of people really here like but I don't like the ingrediants in it so I prefer Burgess

Young Bun

Ok thanks I will see which out of them two I can easily get hold of here.
    Thanks for all the advice it is much appreciated as these are my first bunnys! (prob not the last lol)

How old are your buns?When mine were growing buns they had adlib excel pellets & hay/grass & small amounts of fruit/veg.
    Now my buns are adults they have 30mins worth of excel pellets & hay rack topped up in morning & from 6pm -10pm they have as much fruit/veg as they will eat & hay rack topped up.They have a bowl of water during day & fresh water in bottle at night[not that they use it]plus I put extra water on their veg.I haven't had a dental bun in 11years since started this feeding regime,& stasis,what is that?!!

Beautiful Barley, Dashing Dill & Casper the cemetery bun.My three amazing rabbits whom I love with all my heart.x