• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

HELP! - bonding

so as you may or may not know, on the 18th my shed should be up and i can start to paint it so by the 20th it should be set for the bunnies to go in, so i have 10days to bond them ready!

now i think valentino is going to be the problem here, when he first sniffed thumper months ago he tried to lunge at him, very aggressivly!:?

but im hoping it goes well :/

so i can't do it in the bath tub because we only have one and my parents arn't going to agree to not bathing for 10 days:lol:

so there in the playpen in my room, im going to tidy up and hoover so theres less sent and everything, im going to put a big litter tray because i can't have them going everywhere and a water bottle.

ive got a spray bottle just incase:?, is there anything else i should/need to do to make it go easier? :)

Last edited:
i really cant do this, i just put them together the megazorv is everywhere lilly snow and thumper were pulli9ng fur and chashing which is normal but as soon as val and thumper met they started fighting i grabbed vali pulled him off and thumper lunged and was biting onto my finger mid air i now have a massive hold in my finger:cry:

its val and thumper, i don't know how to handle it. i really want it to work.
any suggestions? help!

i really cant do this, i just put them together the megazorv is everywhere lilly snow and thumper were pulli9ng fur and chashing which is normal but as soon as val and thumper met they started fighting i grabbed vali pulled him off and thumper lunged and was biting onto my finger mid air i now have a massive hold in my finger:cry:

its val and thumper, i don't know how to handle it. i really want it to work.
any suggestions? help!

maybe they just can't be bonded :cry:

or try and take them to a rescue who do bonding for you? they may be able to make it wokr and then it truly would be neutral...

sorry i dont know that much about bonding, i've just had my zoidberg put in a rescue to find himself a gf :)

When I bonded my four back in March I found the problem was the litter tray, one claimed it as theirs and got territorial over everything, I started again with only newspaper down then hay ontop and made the space quite small so they were closer (when the space was too large I found two buns one end of the pen and two buns the other end), it take a lot of nerve and patience plus time.
Dont give in too soon but make sure you and the bunnies are safe (wear thick gloves!)
xxx

Oh no:(

You really do need to wear huge thick gloves when bonding in the early stages, just in case.
I so hope Val and Thumper can be bonded, if I were you I'd take the water bottle and litter box out, put hay/veggies/pellets all over the floor to distract them, and replace the bottle with a big bowl.

Keep us updated!!

ofzvd3.jpg

ouch! thanks, ive taken the litter tray out put lots of hay and pellets down and am putting my dads gardening gloves on. im really scared it's just thumper and vali why can't they just get on!

ouch! thanks, ive taken the litter tray out put lots of hay and pellets down and am putting my dads gardening gloves on. im really scared it's just thumper and vali why can't they just get on!

OUCH!

It's early days, give them a chance xxx

currently, lilly thumper and snow are in the playpen (ive made it smaller a 3x2 they are munching on hay, theres been fur pulling and chasing but then they all stop and bunny flop out mainly snow and thumper together. i don't have the guts to put vali in yet so im letting him sniff everyone through the bars for a while thumper flops and grooms himself infront of vali but its val who keeps nipping him through the barss :/

i put valentino in, but kept my hand on him they didn't fight so i let go it was actually going okay for about 10 mins, they were all flopped out but lilly and val on one side and snow and thumper on the other, then they had a fight i sperated it put them back in and they fought again, lilly looked stressed and shes only just come out of hospital so i called it a day, put them in their hutches and gave them some veg.

im just going to give them an hour or half an hour bunny date' everyday:)

i got some piccies and footage though!

Back