Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lucky and Jack had a fight :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Fairy13 View Post
    I'm in a similar position so maybe that's why I feel sympathy towards whitehood's predicament. I dont know the whole story but if whitehood can foster Jack until a home can be found for him surely it could be in Jack's best interests to maybe find a girlie bun who is going to love him and live out his days with.
    Also perhaps Lucky could go to the rescue do a bit of speed dating and perhaps find himself a lady bun that he gets on with too.
    It may not be the moving of accomodation that caused them to fight. Some bonds (as I have just experienced) lasts years with no trouble and then can fall out without warning with no change of environment or anything. Blood can be drawn and that's that, through no fault of anyones.
    Whitehood sounds like she is working through all the options and only she can decide what will work best in her situation.
    Thanks I'm a he

Thanks Sky I will contact ARC and see what they suggest first

Quote Originally Posted by whitehood View Post
    Thanks I'm a he
    oops sorry!

Quote Originally Posted by whitehood View Post
    Thanks Sky I will contact ARC and see what they suggest first
    Thankyou for listening to everyone's advice Let us know what they say.
    If you need help with anything PM me or any of the other forum buddies (name shown in green)

I am not being nasty here but I dont see your logic

You had two singles before but now its such a big problem that you have to rehome Jack?

Have you ever thought of Lucky not bonding with another female and ending up with two singles then?

You can not mess around with rabbits lives, why put Jack into a rescue when he will be sitting getting over looked compared to his lovely home where he lives in a big room and has a family to love and care for him?

Why "swap" rabbits, you could easily split Lucky and Jack's living area and have them happily living side by side.

If your thinking rehoming Jack is going to rid all of your problems and this new rabbit doesn't work what are you going to do, dispose of that too???

Quote Originally Posted by kayleighjennifer View Post

You had two singles before but now its such a big problem that you have to rehome Jack?

Have you ever thought of Lucky not bonding with another female and ending up with two singles then?

You can not mess around with rabbits lives, why put Jack into a rescue when he will be sitting getting over looked compared to his lovely home where he lives in a big room and has a family to love and care for him?

Why "swap" rabbits, you could easily split Lucky and Jack's living area and have them happily living side by side.

If your thinking rehoming Jack is going to rid all of your problems and this new rabbit doesn't work what are you going to do, dispose of that too???
    Thats a little harsh!

I think bunnies love company mostly, with the odd exception, bucks are hard to keep together especially in pairs and this time of year seems to always upset bondings.

I would go to the Arc as you have said and get advice from them and see what is best for you and your bunnies

If tears could build a stairway, And memories a lane,
    I'd walk right up to Heaven, And bring you home again

Quote Originally Posted by kayleighjennifer View Post

That is an extremely unjustified comment

It's not as if the OP has not sought help and tried different options to keep Lucky and Jack together.

Would it be better if he either condemned 2 Rabbits to a life as a singleton or took on two more Rabbits that *he cannot afford*

In an ideal world NO Rabbit should end up in a Rescue. But this situation is NOT that of someone 'swopping Rabbits about'. He is trying to make sure that BOTH Jack and Lucky are happy. ARC wont just send him off with anyBun without being as sure as they can be that the bonding is sound. ARC will also be there to often advice AFTER homing.

The OP has already said that he will keep Jack as a Foster until ARC find a suitable home. So he wont be 'stuck in a Rescue' or 'taking up space'

ARC Homecheck ALL prospective adoptees, Jack's LONGTERM welfare will be paramount.

Seriously, there are many cass where rehoming is considered and the reasons are ridiculous and based on the owners poor attitude to having Pets.
    I dont read this case as one of them

Just as well I did not RECENTLY post about the fact that I was considering rehoming a single Rabbit that I have been unable to bond.

Would I be judged as just 'getting rid'.................

“If there ever comes a day when we can't be together, keep me in your heart. I'll stay there forever.”

― A.A. Milne

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post

It's not as if the OP has not sought help and tried different options to keep Lucky and Jack together.

Would it be better if he either condemned 2 Rabbits to a life as a singleton or took on two more Rabbits that *he cannot afford*

In an ideal world NO Rabbit should end up in a Rescue. But this situation is NOT that of someone 'swopping Rabbits about'. He is trying to make sure that BOTH Jack and Lucky are happy. ARC wont just send him off with anyBun without being as sure as they can be that the bonding is sound. ARC will also be there to often advice AFTER homing.

The OP has already said that he will keep Jack as a Foster until ARC find a suitable home. So he wont be 'stuck in a Rescue' or 'taking up space'

ARC Homecheck ALL prospective adoptees, Jack's LONGTERM welfare will be paramount.

Seriously, there are many cass where rehoming is considered and the reasons are ridiculous and based on the owners poor attitude to having Pets.

Just as well I did not RECENTLY post about the fact that I was considering rehoming a single Rabbit that I have been unable to bond.

Which one??? I bagsey the bun!!

If tears could build a stairway, And memories a lane,
    I'd walk right up to Heaven, And bring you home again

I have all of my rabbits and they all stay with me regardless if they bond or not, a rabbit is for life. Rabbits can be just as happy as singles and I have first hand knowledge of singles and pairs and they are all equally happy as each other.

I dont care if it is harsh its the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack's-Jane View Post

This is what I am considering, well have pm'd about putting him on RIN. And I feel horrendous about it. And have felt sick about him going up on RIN cos of what people will think.

Rehoming isnt always an easy option.

It is hard. And very hard to try and sort in your head what is best for the bunny.