• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucky and Jack had a fight :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh gosh, I'm sorry this happened :(
Could you not have three buns, like Lucky and a Friend in one half of the attic, and Jack in the other half where he can still see them? Sorry I know this is probably a bad suggestion, just thought I'd say anyway:oops:

Maybe rehoming Jack will be for the best, but personally I think rescues are so busy as it is, and you should like get the rescue to help, but keep him in your house until someone shows interest.

Hope everything sorts itself out for the best.......xxx

I want two buns that love each other and can be together physically.
I could keep Jack as a house bun but he would be too scared of people as he's nervous.
I think re homing him via rescue where they can partner him up with a suitable bun would be good.

Rescue's can be busy and they may not have a suitable partner for him, and some don't bond them into pairs and a quite a few people go to rescue's to look for singles to bond with their existing rabbit. He may be in the rescue on his own for a while and if you say he's nervous he will be more nervous around new people and in a new environment.

Oh gosh, I'm sorry this happened :(
Could you not have three buns, like Lucky and a Friend in one half of the attic, and Jack in the other half where he can still see them? Sorry I know this is probably a bad suggestion, just thought I'd say anyway:oops:

Maybe rehoming Jack will be for the best, but personally I think rescues are so busy as it is, and you should like get the rescue to help, but keep him in your house until someone shows interest.

Hope everything sorts itself out for the best.......xxx

I really like your suggestion !
But my dad was thinking of moving them out of the attic and into the run with a hutch attached, the problem is jack can't be there too.
I'd be happy to help the rescue and foster jack for them until someone wants to adopt him.

Rescue's can be busy and they may not have a suitable partner for him, and some don't bond them into pairs and a quite a few people go to rescue's to look for singles to bond with their existing rabbit. He may be in the rescue on his own for a while and if you say he's nervous he will be more nervous around new people and in a new environment.

I'll offer to foster him :)

My Dad agreed to adopt via rescue and re home Jack and foster him until he doesn't find a home :)

I just have to contact ARC

Please don't rehome Jack. Lucky might not get on with a different bunny though, he might be happier on his own. Also, I wouldn't keep moving them into different accomodation as this will stress them out. Which is why they had a fight in the first place.

:( oh this is a shame, i know you have tried a few times with them. what will you do if lucky doesnt bond with another bun?? some buns have to be on their own due to aggression to other buns etc
why not keep them both but have them seperate where they can still see each other.
bella and jasper aren't really bonded as bella can only tolerate jasper for small doses before she gets moody and kicks his tiny fluffy butt :roll: :lol:
im going to try to re bond when we have moved but if it doesnt work out im not going to re home any of them as i just couldnt do it and i also couldnt afford another 2 buns to pair them up. they are happy as they are, and they can still see each other so worse case scenario we stay as we are at the moment :)

I'm in a similar position so maybe that's why I feel sympathy towards whitehood's predicament. I dont know the whole story but if whitehood can foster Jack until a home can be found for him surely it could be in Jack's best interests to maybe find a girlie bun who is going to love him and live out his days with.
Also perhaps Lucky could go to the rescue do a bit of speed dating and perhaps find himself a lady bun that he gets on with too.
It may not be the moving of accomodation that caused them to fight. Some bonds (as I have just experienced) lasts years with no trouble and then can fall out without warning with no change of environment or anything. Blood can be drawn and that's that, through no fault of anyones.
Whitehood sounds like she is working through all the options and only she can decide what will work best in her situation.

I can see both sides of this. It's hard to offer advice because we don't know what triggered the fight.

I do understand you're not giong to try and rebond them, and I'm not trying to change your mind, just sharing an experience.

I have Candyfloss here. Its not in my nature to have a bun conditionally and once they arrive, they stay. Currently she is on her fourth partner, but this one has been successful, despite the fact they have fought in the early days. You see, Candyfloss is blind and panics and flips out and fights super easily.

If her friend smells different from how she expects them to, she presumes s/he is a different bunny, and drives him/her out. With her current husbun Dusk, we have got it sussed. They have been bonded coming up to two years, but in the bonding process (which took three months) and in the first couple of months, they did have a few fights. I think one in the bonding process, and two once bonded. All were triggered by Dusk smelling different.

I've never seen her or Dusk happier than they are when they are together, it just took some work from me to work out exactly how to sidestep the fighting. Which we've now sussed and they don't fight anymore. If I touch him, I have to touch her first (including handling), and if they fight we whip them in the car for a car journey and then that's sorted.

There is the possibility something similar is going on for one of your pair, but obviously we don't know for sure because we don't know what led up to it. If something like that is going on, then it means that potentially this situation could arise again and again with different bunnies, and really its not the bunnies involved that's the issue, its something else.

Now, your pair could just be incompatable, but it may be something else, so do be aware of that.

I would suggest contacting ARC away from the website, and having a proper conversation with them before deciding on anything. It may be more appropriate to rehome the more confident bunny, as opposed to the nervous bunny (especially if its not clear why the bunny is nervous), for example, or they may not wish to have you foster him for them, or they are nt able to do a swap. I know nothing about ARC, so am just looking at the things that I would be thinking about in your situation.

Good luck with whatever you decide.

I'm in a similar position so maybe that's why I feel sympathy towards whitehood's predicament. I dont know the whole story but if whitehood can foster Jack until a home can be found for him surely it could be in Jack's best interests to maybe find a girlie bun who is going to love him and live out his days with.
Also perhaps Lucky could go to the rescue do a bit of speed dating and perhaps find himself a lady bun that he gets on with too.
It may not be the moving of accomodation that caused them to fight. Some bonds (as I have just experienced) lasts years with no trouble and then can fall out without warning with no change of environment or anything. Blood can be drawn and that's that, through no fault of anyones.
Whitehood sounds like she is working through all the options and only she can decide what will work best in her situation.

Thanks I'm a he :)

I am not being nasty here but I dont see your logic:?

You had two singles before but now its such a big problem that you have to rehome Jack?

Have you ever thought of Lucky not bonding with another female and ending up with two singles then?

You can not mess around with rabbits lives, why put Jack into a rescue when he will be sitting getting over looked compared to his lovely home where he lives in a big room and has a family to love and care for him?

Why "swap" rabbits, you could easily split Lucky and Jack's living area and have them happily living side by side.

If your thinking rehoming Jack is going to rid all of your problems and this new rabbit doesn't work what are you going to do, dispose of that too???

You had two singles before but now its such a big problem that you have to rehome Jack?

Have you ever thought of Lucky not bonding with another female and ending up with two singles then?

You can not mess around with rabbits lives, why put Jack into a rescue when he will be sitting getting over looked compared to his lovely home where he lives in a big room and has a family to love and care for him?

Why "swap" rabbits, you could easily split Lucky and Jack's living area and have them happily living side by side.

If your thinking rehoming Jack is going to rid all of your problems and this new rabbit doesn't work what are you going to do, dispose of that too???

Thats a little harsh!

I think bunnies love company mostly, with the odd exception, bucks are hard to keep together especially in pairs and this time of year seems to always upset bondings.

I would go to the Arc as you have said and get advice from them and see what is best for you and your bunnies :)

That is an extremely unjustified comment

It's not as if the OP has not sought help and tried different options to keep Lucky and Jack together.

Would it be better if he either condemned 2 Rabbits to a life as a singleton or took on two more Rabbits that *he cannot afford*

In an ideal world NO Rabbit should end up in a Rescue. But this situation is NOT that of someone 'swopping Rabbits about'. He is trying to make sure that BOTH Jack and Lucky are happy. ARC wont just send him off with anyBun without being as sure as they can be that the bonding is sound. ARC will also be there to often advice AFTER homing.

The OP has already said that he will keep Jack as a Foster until ARC find a suitable home. So he wont be 'stuck in a Rescue' or 'taking up space'

ARC Homecheck ALL prospective adoptees, Jack's LONGTERM welfare will be paramount.

Seriously, there are many cass where rehoming is considered and the reasons are ridiculous and based on the owners poor attitude to having Pets.
I dont read this case as one of them

Just as well I did not RECENTLY post about the fact that I was considering rehoming a single Rabbit that I have been unable to bond.

Would I be judged as just 'getting rid'.................

It's not as if the OP has not sought help and tried different options to keep Lucky and Jack together.

Would it be better if he either condemned 2 Rabbits to a life as a singleton or took on two more Rabbits that *he cannot afford*

In an ideal world NO Rabbit should end up in a Rescue. But this situation is NOT that of someone 'swopping Rabbits about'. He is trying to make sure that BOTH Jack and Lucky are happy. ARC wont just send him off with anyBun without being as sure as they can be that the bonding is sound. ARC will also be there to often advice AFTER homing.

The OP has already said that he will keep Jack as a Foster until ARC find a suitable home. So he wont be 'stuck in a Rescue' or 'taking up space'

ARC Homecheck ALL prospective adoptees, Jack's LONGTERM welfare will be paramount.

Seriously, there are many cass where rehoming is considered and the reasons are ridiculous and based on the owners poor attitude to having Pets.

Just as well I did not RECENTLY post about the fact that I was considering rehoming a single Rabbit that I have been unable to bond.

Which one??? :shock: I bagsey the bun!! :lol:

I have all of my rabbits and they all stay with me regardless if they bond or not, a rabbit is for life. Rabbits can be just as happy as singles and I have first hand knowledge of singles and pairs and they are all equally happy as each other.

I dont care if it is harsh its the truth.

This is what I am considering, well have pm'd about putting him on RIN. And I feel horrendous about it. And have felt sick about him going up on RIN cos of what people will think.

Rehoming isnt always an easy option.

It is hard. And very hard to try and sort in your head what is best for the bunny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back