• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Lucky and Jack had a fight :-(

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitehood

Warren Veteran
I heard nails running on the laminate, went up and they were fighting.
I don't want to bond them again..
Everytime I do so, they fall out, I think they just don't like each other and I keep on force bonding them.
I've separated them from each other.

That's really unfortunate - how long is it since you started the bonding process this time round? I thought it was quite recent so maybe reducing their area back down may help? I can't really offer any advice, as I haven't been in this situation ( I'm still waiting to try to bond my 4 ). I guess sometimes some rabbits just don't get on.

I moved them in the attiic on the 21st of April,
I really believe they dislike eachother, and I do love them both and have tried everything possible to bond them
But when I do bond them they always fall out.
Hope no one judges me..

Sometimes bondings are just not to be. I do not attempt a rebond more than twice. IMO it is not fare to force two Rabbits to cohabit if they just dont get along.

I am no expert and I *personally* dont agree with some of the harsh (IMO) bonding techniques so perhaps some people think I give up too soon. Well maybe, but rather too soon than too late...................

Sometimes bondings are just not to be. I do not attempt a rebond more than twice. IMO it is not fare to force two Rabbits to cohabit if they just dont get along.

I am no expert and I *personally* dont agree with some of the harsh (IMO) bonding techniques so perhaps some people think I give up too soon. Well maybe, but rather too soon than too late...................

Thanks

Now I have 2 single buns :mad:

Can you split the attic room so they can still see each other but can't cause each other any harm? Maybe a wire barrier between them?

I'm thinking of getting Lucky another partner, and rehoming Jack because I can't cope with two single buns or two pairs

But you could be in the same situation again, if Lucky doesn't bond with a new bunny. Unless you can get a rescue to bond Lucky with one of their rabbits before bringing new rabbit home.

Oh please don't rehome him :( If they were both still in the attic, with a divide, they would still be together and easy to look after.

I think dividing the attic into two would be an option.

Rehoming Jack may be a last resort and possibly in the best interests of all involved. If you go down this route I'd advise you contact ARC or Bobtails.
They should be able to assist you with finding a friend for Lucky and you will be sure that Jack will be found a good home with another Rabbit that he can actually get along with.

http://www.bobtailsrescue.org.uk/

http://www.animalrescueandcare.org.uk/

I would find rehoming VERY hard to do. But on *rare* occasions it is the right thing to do for the *RABBITS* involved.

No advice, but I'm sorry to hear this has happened. I remember when you first came on talking about rehoming Jack and you've tried so hard to avoid having to do that.

Really hope you can find a solution that works for everyone.

No advice, but I'm sorry to hear this has happened. I remember when you first came on talking about rehoming Jack and you've tried so hard to avoid having to do that.

Really hope you can find a solution that works for everyone.

Exactly

Rehoming is not always the 'easy option'. There are occasions when it is NOT what WE want but it is what is best for the Rabbit(s)

If the OP does rehome Jack I personally dont think it will be done without trying all other options first. If Lucky and Jack would be happier with a suitable Rabbit friend then the OP keeping them both but having them both as single Rabbits would be in who's best interests ?? Not Lucky and Jack IMO.

It is sometimes a brave and selfless act to rehome, not a 'got bored/cant be bothered' one.

I wouldn't personally rehome him but, what do I know, as I've got a single rabbit so am probably perceived as selfish not selfless.

I don't want to re home Jack he is the youngest in my family and I wouldn't re home a human so why him.
But I want two happy buns that can be physically together, I want to keep jack and get him a partner also but I wouldn't have the time and money to look after 4 rabbits.
:(

I'm going to re home and adopt via ARC, as its closest to me.

Buns can be happy as single buns, I'm sure Jack would be much more happy in the attic split in two then getting moved out of where he knows and the people he knows to be a single bun in a rescue where he may stay for a long time if no one adopts him :( You've tried very hard with them, well done and if you could split the attic they could both see eachother so won't be alone.

Buns can be happy as single buns, I'm sure Jack would be much more happy in the attic split in two then getting moved out of where he knows and the people he knows to be a single bun in a rescue where he may stay for a long time if no one adopts him :( You've tried very hard with them, well done and if you could split the attic they could both see eachother so won't be alone.

I want two buns that love each other and can be together physically.
I could keep Jack as a house bun but he would be too scared of people as he's nervous.
I think re homing him via rescue where they can partner him up with a suitable bun would be good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back