Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rabbits have to move outside for 1 day - advice?

Default Rabbits have to move outside for 1 day - advice?

I need to move our two house buns into the shed for a day.

They aren't 'technically' supposed to be in the house (rented) and the landlords coming round for a house check.

So it's just for the day - and probably the night before so I can get the hay cleaned up!

They currently have a plastic cage - something like this

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8706753.htm?CMPID=GS001&_$ja=tsid:11527%7Ccc:%7Cpr d:8706753%7Ccat:sports+and+leisure+%2F+pet+supplie s+%2F+small+pet+accessories+%2F

Will they be okay? Will they be cold in the shed in this? There isn't a protected area or hide hole, but the shed is closed up.

I don't want to stress them either - what shall I do?! my poor babies!

If you need help with anything, please send me a message or any of the other Forum Buddies (names in green)

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/samanthas1? - any sponsors for my summer charity trip will be really appreciated!

Have a look at my Blog Never Eat Mint Matchmakers - Latest Post - Mini Water Vortex Lamp - a review

**bump**

If you need help with anything, please send me a message or any of the other Forum Buddies (names in green)

https://mydonate.bt.com/fundraisers/samanthas1? - any sponsors for my summer charity trip will be really appreciated!

Have a look at my Blog Never Eat Mint Matchmakers - Latest Post - Mini Water Vortex Lamp - a review

Is the shed rain proof and damp free, no spores of mould or anything?

I would put them out the day the landlord is coming, just before 9 at the last possible moment. Then as soon as the landlord comes bring them back in.

I wouldn't put them overnight though.

xxx

Yeah, I'll probably do a big clean the night before, they'll have to go to bed early to keep the hay contained, and I'll give them a hay cookie instead of big hay to keep it in the cage better. I'll sort the shed about and take them out in the morning - I hope he turns up on the day he says eeek!!

Not sure about damp proof etc - seems quite a modern shed, though x

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaJane View Post
    Yeah, I'll probably do a big clean the night before, they'll have to go to bed early to keep the hay contained, and I'll give them a hay cookie instead of big hay to keep it in the cage better. I'll sort the shed about and take them out in the morning - I hope he turns up on the day he says eeek!!
    If he doesn't, don't let him in.

They HAVE to give you at least 24 hours notice in writing before they are able to enter your property.

Quote Originally Posted by allie1904 View Post
    If he doesn't, don't let him in.

They HAVE to give you at least 24 hours notice in writing before they are able to enter your property.
    Agree with this! If he doesn't turn up on the day he says, don't let him in until he rearranges a convenient time with you.

Are you allowed the rabbits outside? Just worried incase he spies them or wonders why there's hay

The buns should be fine in the shed. Keep the door open if it's hot, shut it when the landlord arrives and then open it after. Or keep a window open if you can!

The only problem is the heat. They should be okay if it gets a bit nippy - it doesn't even get that cold overnight especially since they're in a shed. if you can move them on the day, do that, but if not then leaving them there overnight shouldn't be a huge problem. The buns will be baffled, but it shouldn't worry them or affect them too much

I think you're just doing what I do a lot - over worry They're hardy little bunbuns!

Warren Veteran

buns will probs think its some big adventure aha! mine go crazy for new surroundings etc! rolo spent 40 mins investigating the porch the other day
    Emma x

10 Cats- Milo, Mr Tigs, Lola, Ruby, Darcy, Tubs, Thomas, Bear Bear, Minnie and Derek
    4 Rabbits- Daisy, Dylan, Matilda and Grayson
    4 Chickens- Hetti, Martha, Bella and Gwendolyn
    3 Dogs- Two family Labradors- Poppy and Lily, and my own Pugzu Elsie
    2 Guinea pigs- Oscar and Hardy

They should be fine Just make sure its not too hot in the shed.

Hope it goes well!
    Sarah & 'second hand' buns

Also: 2 Greyhounds, 1 Lurcher, 3 cats, 3 guinea pigs and 2 hamsters.
    My Photos : My Videos

put loads of newspaper down, under and around the cage to catch any hay/litter then you can chuck it out on the morning, thats what we did, its quicker than trying to sweep it all up. If you won't be home leave the doors at an exact amount slightly open then you know if he's been by if theyve moved or not i always worried they wouldn't come on the day and would turn up the next day when the buns were back in!

Quote Originally Posted by paulinejoe View Post
    put loads of newspaper down, under and around the cage to catch any hay/litter then you can chuck it out on the morning, thats what we did, its quicker than trying to sweep it all up. If you won't be home leave the doors at an exact amount slightly open then you know if he's been by if theyve moved or not i always worried they wouldn't come on the day and would turn up the next day when the buns were back in!
    Are landlords meant to be in the house alone? I thought you would have to stay with them.
    Sarah & 'second hand' buns

Also: 2 Greyhounds, 1 Lurcher, 3 cats, 3 guinea pigs and 2 hamsters.
    My Photos : My Videos