• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Tululah - my darling Tally Bun

The Duchess

Wise Old Thumper
Tululah lost her fight with ill health on Thursday. We had to help her to the bridge; the combination of her health issues had taken it's toll and she told us she'd had enough.

She had been diagnosed with cancer about 3 weeks previously, had osteoporosis, arthritis in her back leg joints, was losing weight and totally lost control of her movement at her back end. Her tail was permanently raised to wee and her legs had collapsed.

She was very dear to us, coming when her human parents divorced and had to sell their home. As houserabbits, neither was able to offer the pair the life they knew that they needed.

Age was against them being adopted and after about 8 months on ARC's list of bunnies for adoption (we fostered them) we decided it would be better to make them permanent members of our bunny family.

Tululah was 8, Buster the husband she leaves behind is over 10.

She knew just how much we loved her, she was a moo in rabbits clothing and used to bite me whenever I overstepped the mark. She was awesome.

She leaves a massive French Lop sized hole in my, David's and Busters life.

Sleep tight and run free you big special girl.

LastdayforTally024.jpg

LastdayforTally014.jpg

Day1afterScan020.jpg

LastdayforTally025.jpg

LastdayforTally044.jpg

LastdayforTally006.jpg

LastdayforTally043.jpg

What a very beautiful girlie. I'm so sorry she isn't with you anymore.

Binky Free Tululah. x

I've been dreading hearing this news, I'm so sorry Helen :(

I was smitten with Tallulah as soon as I saw the first picture of her, then when I got to meet her and Buster he melted my heart too. I would have adopted them in a flash if I'd had the space but I feel like they were destined to stay with you and David... they came to you for a reason and I know how much they've both been loved. Lots of love to you both and Buster too xx

I've been dreading hearing this news, I'm so sorry Helen :(

I was smitten with Tallulah as soon as I saw the first picture of her, then when I got to meet her and Buster he melted my heart too. I would have adopted them in a flash if I'd had the space but I feel like they were destined to stay with you and David... they came to you for a reason and I know how much they've both been loved. Lots of love to you both and Buster too xx

Thank you Kerry. I kinda felt that you were their 'god mum' and I knew you took a keen interest in their life and times. I am sorry that you've had to hear the news this way. We've just laid her to rest in the garden this evening and have raised a glass to her.

At least where she is now, she isn't in a broken body, and can run around freely without pain or disability.

Buster has been lost, but today he's a bit brighter. I shall be bonding him up in the next day or so; I can't bare him to be alone - they were together for about 7 years.

Back