• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My new shed <3! U/D they moved in today (page 4)

yaretzi

Wise Old Thumper
Has arrived!

Yayy!!

I don't think anyone has ever been this excited by a shed ever! It's 6 x 5 foot and lovely :love: just under 5 foot at the back (i'm 5 foot so I didn't need it tall!) and about 5.5 foot at the front!

It's fabulous :love: So well made, and the joints made it so easy to insulate and board coz of their spacing.

The guy was fab, put it up super quick. It's such good quality too and he does specific sizes and can edit it as you wish! Let me know if you want to know the eBay seller, he's very reasonable in terms of price.

I asked him to put 2 windows in (£30 extra), and a stable door (£15 extra). I am such a happy bunny today :oops:

To show how good the inside is:

Space blanket is strange stuff :shock:

Next plans:
-make opening window
-stain inside
-screw on rail for storage of cleaning stuffs
-screw metal onto the bottom of the door to prevent nomming
-squeeze bunnies!

Last edited:
Where did you get it from? How much if you don't mind me asking? Looks fab!!!

I got it from here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....3018710&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_720wt_905

seller name 7431kevin, if the link dies at some point :)

I needed a specific size, with the door in the middle and that type of roof so I ended up asking him if he could do a specific size bike shed - taller, and bigger. He said yep, he does that a lot!

Cost me £270 total with the extras, including £25 for delivery and him to put it up :) took him 30 mins :shock: speedy!

Looks nice. Bet you'll have fun setting it up for the buns.

I think fun should be in inverted commas :D It's fun to a certain point, but also time consuming! Also, I broke a bag of space blanket, so I'm all itchy :roll: that part isn't fun ;)

I've been planning this for soo long that I have specifics of EXACTLY what I want, so highly strung about this that I have a feeling I'll burst into tears at the smallest thing :shock: Going to be an emotional project this one!

Looks very well made, I was looking at this seller last night, thinking how reasonalble he was ESPECIALLY to erect it too !! ( I paid £120 for waltons to erect my playhouse)

Only thing I was wondering, was is the roof made with? Is it just wood or felt?

Looks very well made, I was looking at this seller last night, thinking how reasonalble he was ESPECIALLY to erect it too !! ( I paid £120 for waltons to erect my playhouse)

When I saw this I rushed downstairs to take a pic before it was dark, I needn't have bothered since the forum was down nearly all night :roll:

It's boarded up and then has 'felt' (that gritty stuff :oops:) on top too, with a little right around too. Very stable and waterproof :) It has 3 struts across to secure it nice and tight too :)

couple of pics for you! And yes that's the roof from inside :D I took the picture portrait, and then the computer has switch it so it looks weird :shock: but it's the roof!

When I saw this I rushed downstairs to take a pic before it was dark, I needn't have bothered since the forum was down nearly all night :roll:

It's boarded up and then has 'felt' (that gritty stuff :oops:) on top too, with a little right around too. Very stable and waterproof :) It has 3 struts across to secure it nice and tight too :)

couple of pics for you! And yes that's the roof from inside :D I took the picture portrait, and then the computer has switch it so it looks weird :shock: but it's the roof!

I got my double dog kennel for the buns from him too. It is amazing. I highly recommend him. And when the wind blew the felt off the roof, I complained and he sent someone the following day to fix it free of charge.
It looks brill, can't wait to see it finished!!!! ORdered your tunnels?

I got my double dog kennel for the buns from him too. It is amazing. I highly recommend him. And when the wind blew the felt off the roof, I complained and he sent someone the following day to fix it free of charge.
It looks brill, can't wait to see it finished!!!! ORdered your tunnels?

Not yet, still testing the sample tube out! Nenä so far doesn't understand what it's for and won't go in, and it's her that I really need to know for because she's the fatter one :shock:

Täplä figured out that 'food in box' is accessible by tunnel, and keeps appearing with bits of apple. Meanwhile, fatty Nenä is all like 'where's all this food coming from?! :shock:' and proceeds to steal it and run off :roll:

Useless bunnies!

Considering poking her through but I don't think that traumatising her that much would be a good idea considering she's gotta use the tube several times daily from now on:lol::lol:

If you mean the Runaround tube fat Olive (sorry Olive!) my dwarf lop was 'oh I can't possibly fit through that' when I tried a sample but she soon managed it when it was in her interests to do so!

If you mean the Runaround tube fat Olive (sorry Olive!) my dwarf lop was 'oh I can't possibly fit through that' when I tried a sample but she soon managed it when it was in her interests to do so!

:lol::lol::lol: fat olive!

I call Nenä 'Nenäpie' because she's such a little porker :roll: A lot of it IS fluff in her defense but she's so much greedier than her sister and eats quicker too!

After about 3 days of trying to encourage her through I eventually just plopped her in the box and closed the lid over. 20 seconds and a few snuffles later and she got herself out fine... :roll: all that worrying for nothing!

Silly porky bunnies :lol:

So since my last post in this thread we've stained it, fitted a ventilation grid (closes from the outside!), and part insulated and boarded.

The ceiling proved an enormous pain because of the location and the fact we forgot to use a staple gun :roll: We all got very frustrated :evil:

But it's almost done now (stepdad just attached a few batons, waiting for them to dry before we add the last bit in the ceiling tomorrow - notice the clamps at the top of the pic :lol:?). I've insulated the back wall as you can see in the pics below! Space blanket and staple guns are surprisingly therapeutic :shock:...

Tomorrows plans: finish plywooding the back/side/front walls, including drilling holes for the ventilation mesh! Insulate door too hopefully. Possibly fit lino, seal around the outside and add the skirting board. I have to get off in the late morning so I won;'t have that many pics unfortunately...or fortunately :shock:

Looks great, well done! I bet you're looking forward to when it's all finished. Mine doesn't look as nice as yours but then I'm only restoring an old shed! I've done the staining and repaired the roof and stapled some insulation to the ceiling.

Sooooo, got some more work done!

:D

Finished insulating and boarding!

Made up my run!

P1717_22-05-11.jpg

Fitted the runaround door to the run (easy) and the shed (SO HARD! the things weren't long enough so we had to countersink everything :roll:)

P171702_22-05-11.jpg

P1718_22-05-11.jpg

Fitted the lino (roughly, we're skirting boarding it tomorrow):

P171703_22-05-11.jpg

Made the shelf:

P171701_22-05-11.jpg

Tomorrows plans:

-Skirting board
-Seal the bottom around the skirting board
-Fit metal thingies to the bare edges around the runaround door so bunbuns don't nibble it to death
-Fit locks to the run
-Start the window (we're making it open)

Back