• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When will people learn...

I'm not gonna watch. I can stand other potentially upsetting stuff, but things like this make my blood boil. It would be so easy for a parent to educate a kid to treat pets well, but no. :censored:

I have been off work today and my colleague text me to say Easter Bunny had brought his Granddaughter an 8 week old bunny,the Granddaughter is only three:censored::censored:
Whats betting they have a three foot hutch for poor bunny:cry::cry:

I left a comment too, probably be removed soon. :(

When someone came to buy my old hutch/run they bought their two girls with them. The hutch was for rabbits she was going to buy for the kids. I told them if they wanted to see what bunnies are like they can sit in my run quietly and let the rabbits approach them. Next thing I know they're screaming and leaping around my run terrifying lola (the other two had gone inside the shed but the kids blocked lola off) and even though I was telling them to stop it that they were scaring the rabbits the mother did nothing. :shock::cry:

I told the mother that if that's how they're going to act that rabbits are not a suitable pet, that she'd need to teach them to be very quiet and gentle and not expect to pick the rabbits up and she just said "yes, but that's what they really want. They love rabbits":roll:.

I feel guilt for selling them that hutch every day, but I know realistically they'd have bought something smaller elsewhere as they didn't want to spend more than £100 :(

My comment must've got removed too, I tried not to be rude or nasty but with videos like that it's hard not to. :censored: :(

Why would the parents let the kids run around a clearly scared rabbit screaming? And they kept lifting the box up where the bun was trying to hide :( One of the points that made me mad was when the rabbit stuck his head out the box in a small lungy way towards one of the girls hands which was being stuck in his face and the girl pulled away quickly but then kept putting her hand infront of the rabbit again and pulling away quickly, teasing him :censored: The poor rabbit will bite her one day if she acts like, and it will not be the rabbits fault but I bet they will think he's 'agressive' :(

ok you will hate me but really its not that bad ive seen worse :roll: they are just 2 very excited children excited about their new pet bunny :roll: when i first opened link i expected children hurting the bunny or pulling its ears or something not just 2 girls granted they were been noisy but they are not hurting or distressing the rabbit in any way the rabbit looked happy to me ears up body language was relaxed not tense or flat in fear it was even watching the kids and following then with its gaze and the girls were not hurting it in any way they wernt even trying to grab of catch it they did follow it about but they were far from hurting it
my rabbits put up with far worse noise than that whe they go on the school visits and well we have been to a disabled school before and well the noise there was really loud and it doesnt bother them
as for the comment rabbits are not pets for children i disagree my kids have had rabbits from the moment they could walk and they make amazing pets for children as long as they have responsible parents which show themhow to handle and look after it ;)

by what i read/saw it seemed more like the bunny wasn't an Easter present. It said that her cousin had a rabbit and happy easter to everyone. Plus he's an adult bunny by the looks of him.

I don't like the kids chasing the bunny but he wasn't scared :? Just a tad peeved. Fiver does that when he gets sick of me trying to catch him to put him away.

Just alot worse video's you could be showing to describe why bunnies aren't kids pets.

not starting arguments, just thought that its pointless targeting people like that about bunnies because they dont even own the bunny.

by what i read/saw it seemed more like the bunny wasn't an Easter present. It said that her cousin had a rabbit and happy easter to everyone. Plus he's an adult bunny by the looks of him.

I don't believe it! They have changed the description! :? It said "the girl's cousin got a bunny for Easter" now it says "Happy Easter! The girls cousin has a bunny!" :roll:

ok you will hate me but really its not that bad ive seen worse :roll: they are just 2 very excited children excited about their new pet bunny :roll: when i first opened link i expected children hurting the bunny or pulling its ears or something not just 2 girls granted they were been noisy but they are not hurting or distressing the rabbit in any way the rabbit looked happy to me ears up body language was relaxed not tense or flat in fear it was even watching the kids and following then with its gaze and the girls were not hurting it in any way they wernt even trying to grab of catch it they did follow it about but they were far from hurting it
my rabbits put up with far worse noise than that whe they go on the school visits and well we have been to a disabled school before and well the noise there was really loud and it doesnt bother them
as for the comment rabbits are not pets for children i disagree my kids have had rabbits from the moment they could walk and they make amazing pets for children as long as they have responsible parents which show themhow to handle and look after it ;)

But a lot of people who get rabbits for children are not responsible, and think the children will look after them. The parents of the kids in the video in my opinion aren't responsible because they don't say to the kids they have to try and calm down a bit or leave the rabbit alone when he goes in the box, they keep lifting it up when he's trying to hide. Obviously they will be responsible parents who will think before getting there children a rabbit, but sadly the majority aren't. I'm a child and I take full responsibilty for my rabbits, I chose to get them and I know there's other children who will look after their rabbits but many who will leave them to their parents to feed etc if they have been bought them when they were younger and don't know the full care and needs of the rabbit. I think one of the girls teases the rabbit after he sticks his head out from the box in a lungy way towards her hand, if the rabbit was fine with the attention he wouldn't have done that and the girl repeats this by sticking her hand in front of him and pulling away quickly. If there was responsible parents there they'd have said to leave the rabbit now after he keeps trying to get away in the box.

Back