• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For those with outside bunnies...

Trixielover

Mama Doe
Do you still cover up the hutches with tarpaulin (however you spell it :oops:)? I do but my mum keeps telling me not to. :roll: Just interested to see what you do and whether I should. :wave::)

I have a custom made hutch cover that I keep on year round - keeps the rain off and prolongs the life of the hutch.

I never cover mine as I have a kennel with a 4ft x4ft completely enclosed area so if they are cold they can go in there. If I had a hutch I wouldn't be covering it at the moment except if there was a fox problem and then I think I would use a cotton sheet so they couldn't see each other but still have ventillation.

nope :wave: although its still there just incase :wave:

This. All my weather proofing can be put on in a second or taken off in a second. I think it's far too stuffy to still be covering them up, but if it gets colder, then I will. (Mine are always protected against rain, my only concern would be temperature).

Havn't put them down in about 4 days! no dout we will have rubbish whether this summer, so will keep them on just incase! or if the night temps are predicted cold/rain!

I know I'm always absolutely boiling at night (with all windows open) and I'd hate to be covered in a load of plastic in this weather so no. Mine are inbetween three walls so not much rain gets in anyway :) Rabbits don't deal well with warm weather and they need lots of ventilation so just make sure it's not too hot and stuffy for them

Got my cover off of the hutch from about a month or so ago. Get some fresh air and keep the heat out better I think. Gets in the way too! I keep it in the shed all rolled up for if and when I need it though. But bunnies are wild, I don't think they need it for most weather and/or seasons. I'd probably only use it during winter :)

Nope, it's there but I don't cover them now unless it rains, or at night when it's forecast to rain :)

FYI mine are down but either end of the run is open, only the top is covered in case it does rain and as a wind break, and as they spend most of the night in the run rather than the hutch, they still have ventilation :)

I cover mine, but more because of foxes than the weather. I dont like the thought of them being seen by a fox or them seeing a fox...

I've got the made to measure all weather cover off ebay too that goes over both the hutch and the run,.i've completely took it off the run now but it's still on the hutch, although the front is rolled up during the day and i only put the rain cover down at night as i think the temperature still gets very low in the early hours so it gives them the choice to go upstairs where it s a bit warmer/drier if they want.

Back