• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Birds making nests of Apache's fur!

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Apache is having one of his uber moults, so I put his fur in a hangy ball on the bird table.

That was about 20 mins ago and now there are birds galore all partaking of it :love: Blue ****, sparrows, and robins.

Here are a couple of shots of blue **** - not very clear - pesky birds are fast!

bluetit1.jpg

bluetit2.jpg

And here's one with a beakful - he was sort of pulling it back anf forth like he was preparing to knit with it.

bluetit6.jpg

I'm so chuffed that Apache is helping to keep baby birds warm :D

:love::love::love:

I've been wondering if birds would want Elijah's moult fluff and I've been saving it with the intention of offering it to them :D Recycling at it's best. :lol::lol:

I shall get it out there tomorrow for them.:D:D

i tend to scatter the big tufts but i never thought of putting them in a ball - great idea (yes, i'm going to copy:lol:)

3.gif
recycling at it's best. I also never thought of making it easier for the **** - thanks for the top tip.

Im glad to see im not the only one who gives the buns fur to the birds :oops: :lol: I often see birds nipping in and grabbing a mouth full :D :love:

Aww that is so sweet :love:

I did the same after gooming my Persian Cat yesterday, I left the clumps of fur out in a flowerpot. Then a little later I watched as a dozen or so Sparrows chitter-chattered away as they came and went distributing the fur to their nests :love:

Oooh, i tried this before but it just blew all over the garden, I am gonna put it in my bird feeder next time i brush the Herbmeister :)

Oooh, i tried this before but it just blew all over the garden, I am gonna put it in my bird feeder next time i brush the Herbmeister :)

I did it a wee bit earlier in the year and it just got soggy and fell on the ground. Think I misjudged the time of the nestbuilding season!

I was watching a little bird this afternoon on the lawn collecting all the bits of fur. I hadn't noticed they do that before! :oops:

My mum recommended getting one of those hanging things for the tumble drier fluff, sounds like a good idea! Why bin it when the birdies can make use of it?! :)

What a great idea :thumb: I have a child's bucket full of fur from grooming the cashmeres, I'm just of to find a ball so I can put it out for the birds.

Thanks Ruth :D

Back