• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

You can't save eveyone...

KoShiatar

Mama Doe
...But still, sometimes I wish I could. I saw a litter of lionhead x lops this morning at the open market, being given away for only €10 each. I fell in love with a tortoiseshell lionhead with a white star on his forehead. They were assaulted by children and their fur was matted with poo... I'm still thinking about them... could that have been considered rescuing? I'm probably not gonna see them again, but I can't help thinking that all those beautiful bunnies could have coccidiosis or a bad diet and be dead in a week's time... and to think that my mum has such a big garden, a rabbi would live like a king in there...:(

I am sure that we all wish that we could save all the bunnies now and forever, from what most probably will be for many,.................sheer hell!

If we dwell on this sad thought for too long, then we can't focus on all the great work that is being done here and now.

Reading some of the wonderful rescue stories restores your faith in human nature.

If only.......................................

Just a thought to cheer you up.
I am looking after 13 bunnies whilst the owner is on holiday. She already had 4, but rescued a pregnant doe and the daddy from atrocious conditions. The doe has had her kits, all safe and sound.Best bit is every single bunny is going to be kept by her, they are all neutered and vaccinated and have a wonderful forever home. :D:D:D:D:D Hurray.

Last edited:
If you can get them for free it could be considered rescuing but is there no one like the RSPCA you can report them to? I'm not sure where you are as you have used a euro sign

I'm currently in Italy. I wonder if reporting them would really accomplish anything, they've sold pets at the market stalls for dozens of years. I think people go to them to give away unwanted litters.

I'm currently in Italy. I wonder if reporting them would really accomplish anything, they've sold pets at the market stalls for dozens of years. I think people go to them to give away unwanted litters.

I've hears about markets in Italy :(

Back