• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Water bottle or water bowl?

Water bowl or water bottle?? (or other)

• Water bowl

Votes: 69 71.1%
  • Water bottle

Votes: 30 30.9%
  • Other

Votes: 9 9.3%

• Total voters

demikaijuu

Warren Scout
Self explanatory really, I use a water bottle and have done since I got George. If I give him a bowl of water he looks at me as if to say 'where the hell is my food??'

Poll to follow

The rexes who live indoors have a bowl. The foster bunnies who live in the shed have a bowl and water bottle as back up as worry about them spilling the water from the bowl. Most of the foster buns seem to prefer drinking from a bowl :wave:

Depends on her mood. Sometimes she'll pretend she doesn't know how to use a water bottle... but then she realises she has a treat of camomile tea and remembers again :)

Mine have both.
They prefer the bowl but it took 2 years for Charlie to work out how to actually drink out of it.
He stood in it yesterday too. For ages, not an accidental step.

Mine have two bowls ( one in, one out) and two bottles (in). Very rarely see the bottles used but they love their ceramic bowls. :wave:

started mine with bowl and bottle. The bottle has never ever been touched :lol:

so two bowls it was then , one in and one out!

Bottle, more hygenic, you can cover them up to help them stop freezing in winter, you can't kick bedding into a bottle, bowls can be tipped quite easily, the rabbit could stand or rest its ears/dewlap in the bowl, bowls take up more room and also with outdoor buns you're more likely to be able to see how full a waterbottle is than a bowl

mine all prefer bowls they have a long drink from them and I love to see them drinking lots. They have bottles as an extra option but never seem to use them:D

Always used bowls, but new bun Jasper seems to dunk half his head in and constantly has a soggy 'under chin' so am thinking of switching to a bottle.

I used to have bottles, they leak even the ones which are meant to be none drip leak slightly also I do not like to give water in plastic bottles I use a heavy water bowl

Bowls, far easier to refill, they can drink more from them. Never have the bedding in the bowl problem myself as they are far away from their litter trays and I try to refresh them every day. I also can get far more in a bowl than a bottle as I use dog bowls so very little chance of them running dry.

Bottles but I am going to start giving them bowls over the summer as well as bottles.

Last time I tried this Poppy decided it looked nice to sit in it... and poop :roll:

Although her bottom is now more sizeable so I don't think she would fit so well! :lol:

Bottles but I am going to start giving them bowls over the summer as well as bottles.

Last time I tried this Poppy decided it looked nice to sit in it... and poop :roll:

Although her bottom is now more sizeable so I don't think she would fit so well! :lol:

When I first used bowls Smudge used to stand in them :roll: but he got the idea pretty quickly.

Back