Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Remembering little Scrappy...

Default Remembering little Scrappy... 2004 - 17.-04.2008

This is Scrabble affectionately know as Scratty/Scrappy/Scrat

This likkle bunney came into my life in September 2004 and left it, leaving me heart broken on 17 April 2008 (Today being the third anniversary).

As a disruptive teenager, always wanting attention, rattling the bars until I gave in She was a very intelligent being and knew how to open the gate she is tugging, I had to come up with different ways of keeping it fastened.

My favourite picture of her - I'm so glad I have this picture of her.

My girl being relaxed. Scrat was so intelligent that she would understand me asking her to happy flop and would do it on encouragement - but only if she was in the right frame of mind (she usually was)

She loved her boxes

My last photo of her, taken on 11 March 2008, approximately 5 weeks before she went to the bridge. To me now she doesn't look well in that picture and I had raised concerns about her with the vets but they couldn't find anything obvious. She was unspayed and never had a VHD jab in her life as I was told she didn't need it.

RIP Scrappy, I wish we could have our time over again and I could get it right this time.
    Last edited by Bunny Buddy; 17-04-2017 at 02:20 PM.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

Scrappy sounds like she was a real character. Don't feel bad about the spay or VHD. My last 2 female buns were not spayed, although I couldn't with my last girl. I didn't know the first time. Neither got cancer.

Scrappy was also beautiful. The favourite photo of her is very adorable.

Quote Originally Posted by Barn Yard Bunnies View Post
    Scrappy sounds like she was a real character. Don't feel bad about the spay or VHD. My last 2 female buns were not spayed, although I couldn't with my last girl. I didn't know the first time. Neither got cancer.

Scrappy was also beautiful. The favourite photo of her is very adorable.
    Thank you so much. I carry such a lot of guilt about losing her at 3 3/4 years old but realistically I know she was lucky not to be stuck in a tiny hutch with no attention.

My heart is in a thousand pieces for my soulmate stopped running today (22.05.13)

Wise Old Thumper Barn Yard Bunnies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny Buddy View Post
    Thank you so much. I carry such a lot of guilt about losing her at 3 3/4 years old but realistically I know she was lucky not to be stuck in a tiny hutch with no attention.
    My first female bunny lived to 9, died of a heart attack of a fox trying to break in. Sunshine screamed, he was fine, probably as he was much younger.
    I feel bad about not protecting her.

Nancy was 4 or 5 when she passed away. Breathing problems. Will never really know. She died at the vets. Her ear was ripped off in the same (fox proof) hutch. She survived. As she had 2 major ops, never had her spayed either.
    After that all my buns have lived inside. I feel awful and guilty about both of them.

I think you did a wonderful job with Scrappy. Sometimes we never know why they go and neither do the vets.

I lost my Tilly to an unknown cause aswell, I know how it makes you question yourself and everything you did in the lead up

Scrappy was a beautiful girl and looks extremely contented on her pics. She knew she was a very loved bunny
    Gemma, mum to;

My beautiful Tilly left me for the bridge 11/01/2010. I love and miss her every single day. Sweet dreams precious girl, lifes not the same without you xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Scrappy was gorgeous and she was a real character by the sound of things. She must be sorely missed.

What a lovely girl. Don't blame yourself - she was obviously much loved. xx

what a beautiful girl she obviously had a very happy life xxx

http://www.eric-bunn.com
    PAW-MADE JEWELLERY & CRAFTY GOODIES

but it's no use going back to yesterday,
    because i was a different person then

Pledge A Pound - find out more here: http://pledgeapound.net/forum/index.php

Thank you so much everybody.

She was just one month older than Artie. It's hard to take in she has been gone 3 years already.

Wise Old Thumper Blackberry & Co's Avatar

She was a stunner

Thank you for sharing her pictures

Sleep tight, wee Blackberry x

Professional Animal Artist
    http://www.facebook.com/DandelionsGallery
    Rabbit & Guinea Pig themed items ideal for gifts and treats available at:
    http://folksy.com/shops/DandelionsGallery
    http://www.dandelionsgallery.co.uk

LJ & The Boys have a FB page!
    http://www.facebook.com/LJandTheBoys?ref=hl