• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Remembering little Scrappy...

Bunny Buddy

Wise Old Thumper
Remembering little Scrappy... 2004 - 17.-04.2008

This is Scrabble affectionately know as Scratty/Scrappy/Scrat

This likkle bunney came into my life in September 2004 and left it, leaving me heart broken on 17 April 2008 (Today being the third anniversary).

PICT2236.jpg

As a disruptive teenager, always wanting attention, rattling the bars until I gave in :love::love: She was a very intelligent being and knew how to open the gate she is tugging, I had to come up with different ways of keeping it fastened.

PICT2334-2.jpg

My favourite picture of her - I'm so glad I have this picture of her.

PICT2328-2.jpg

My girl being relaxed. Scrat was so intelligent that she would understand me asking her to happy flop and would do it on encouragement - but only if she was in the right frame of mind (she usually was) :love::love:

PICT2180.jpg

She loved her boxes :love:

PICT2649.jpg

My last photo of her, taken on 11 March 2008, approximately 5 weeks before she went to the bridge. To me now she doesn't look well in that picture and I had raised concerns about her with the vets but they couldn't find anything obvious. She was unspayed and never had a VHD jab in her life as I was told she didn't need it.

RIP Scrappy, I wish we could have our time over again and I could get it right this time.

Last edited:
Scrappy sounds like she was a real character. Don't feel bad about the spay or VHD. My last 2 female buns were not spayed, although I couldn't with my last girl. I didn't know the first time. Neither got cancer.

Scrappy was also beautiful. The favourite photo of her is very adorable.

Scrappy sounds like she was a real character. Don't feel bad about the spay or VHD. My last 2 female buns were not spayed, although I couldn't with my last girl. I didn't know the first time. Neither got cancer.

Scrappy was also beautiful. The favourite photo of her is very adorable.

Thank you so much. I carry such a lot of guilt about losing her at 3 3/4 years old but realistically I know she was lucky not to be stuck in a tiny hutch with no attention.

Thank you so much. I carry such a lot of guilt about losing her at 3 3/4 years old but realistically I know she was lucky not to be stuck in a tiny hutch with no attention.

My first female bunny lived to 9, died of a heart attack of a fox trying to break in. Sunshine screamed, he was fine, probably as he was much younger.
I feel bad about not protecting her.

Nancy was 4 or 5 when she passed away. Breathing problems. Will never really know. She died at the vets. Her ear was ripped off in the same (fox proof) hutch. She survived. As she had 2 major ops, never had her spayed either.
After that all my buns have lived inside. I feel awful and guilty about both of them.

I think you did a wonderful job with Scrappy. Sometimes we never know why they go and neither do the vets.

I lost my Tilly to an unknown cause aswell, I know how it makes you question yourself and everything you did in the lead up :cry:

Scrappy was a beautiful girl and looks extremely contented on her pics. She knew she was a very loved bunny :love:

Scrappy was gorgeous and she was a real character by the sound of things. :love::love: She must be sorely missed. :(

:love::love::love::love:

Thank you so much everybody.

She was just one month older than Artie. It's hard to take in she has been gone 3 years already.:(

Nine years since I lost her. I look at some of the things in those photos with horror... the muesli, the carrots. I loved that girl so much, I was completely broken when I lost her. I've learnt so much since.

Nine years, special girl, but never, never forgotten.

Nine years since I lost her. I look at some of the things in those photos with horror... the muesli, the carrots. I loved that girl so much, I was completely broken when I lost her. I've learnt so much since.

When I look at my photos from when I first kept Rabbits I shudder. What I thought to be OK was very far from it.

Scrappy looked to have been a dear little soul :love:

:love:

:love:

Back