• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Cat flaps/bunny flaps?

PearlyGirl

Mama Doe
Hi all,

Was wondering if people buy cat flaps for the hutches or somehow make their own?
We are building a run today and want to let the buns have access whenever they want to it from their hutches.....any recommendations?

I just cut a small hole in the shed, made a frame and a little door on hinges. It has bolts on it to keep it locked at night and a clip attached to the door to hold it open during the day in case the bunnies lock themselves out :)

I just cut a small hole in the shed, made a frame and a little door on hinges. It has bolts on it to keep it locked at night and a clip attached to the door to hold it open during the day in case the bunnies lock themselves out :)

Sounds fab!!!!
Do you have a pic by any chance? :)

Cut a hole in the shed
Attach a hinge and a bolt to the piece of wood
Attach the hinge and the hole of the bolt to the side of the shed

It should work :? I have used it before, but on a hutch :wave:

I have cat flaps in one accom, and ended up tying it up, so that it stays open, as they couldn't work out how to use it.
So when setting up the second accom, we made a small door instead, which works much better.

I have cat flaps in one accom, and ended up tying it up, so that it stays open, as they couldn't work out how to use it.
So when setting up the second accom, we made a small door instead, which works much better.

We tie ours open too, they do know how to use it but I hear it 'clatter' all thru the night when they go thru it - It drives me mad! [or did do!] :lol:

Sounds fab!!!!
Do you have a pic by any chance? :)

Here are a couple of pictures modeled by foster buns. I did buy a cat flap but after looking at the instructions I chickened out and put in a door - my excuse is with foster buns coming and going, they find a door easier to learn to use :lol:

CIMG0518.jpg

CIMG2497.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures modeled by foster buns. I did buy a cat flap but after looking at the instructions I chickened out and put in a door - my excuse is with foster buns coming and going, they find a door easier to learn to use :lol:

CIMG0518.jpg

CIMG2497.jpg

The doors look so good!!! well done....i hope hubby can do this (his diy is not the best :lol:)

Back