Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Rex with cardiac problems U/D Good news!

Default Rex with cardiac problems U/D Good news!

As title. She is sitting with her head tilted back towards her back and seems to be sniffing very strongly. She puts her head down whenever I come up to her then it slowly creeps back up again. She was doing it yesterday but I didn't notice it until today as it's become more obvious. She has been eating today but not snatching food as usual, she has been calming down with that recently so I assumed it was that.

She has also been sneezing over the last week or so but I put it down to the new bag of hay which can sometimes do that. I am just away to ring the vet and wake up the boy. Please can someone help.

Cross posted in Health due to time.

P.S. There is no discharge or drooling.

Mouth breathing video post 52
    Last edited by Coineanach; 13-07-2011 at 05:13 PM.
    Even if you're on the right track...you'll get run over if you just sit there - Will Rogers

Sleep tight Vinnie x

The Challenge!

No idea, unless it pain or trouble breathing.

*vibes*

She definitely needs to see a vet ASAP. If she's given the right meds as quickly as possible after it starts she has every hope of recovery from this. It won't be a quick process. Please get her to your vet and let us know how it goes.

My rabbit Darcy had head tilt a couple of years ago and after 3 months of intense treatment he recovered leaving only the slightest head tilt. She will need anti-inflam and painkiller - metacam plus start a 28 day course of panacur or Lapizole which will need to be given to any other buns she has contact with. As for the sniffing, I'm not sure.

Sending healing vibes to your little bun xxxx

RIP Sweet Frasier bun xxx

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him dominate the world
    (")_(")

It doesn't sound like head tilt though, it sounds more like a respiratory thing... Definitely need to see a vet though, sending loads of vibes xxx

Quote Originally Posted by ripminnie View Post
    It doesn't sound like head tilt though, it sounds more like a respiratory thing... Definitely need to see a vet though, sending loads of vibes xxx
    I think this too. The slowly raising the head sounds to me like it's a 'I need to do this to make me feel more comfortable' rather than a 'I can't help but do this' kind of thing.

If that makes sense.

Latest photos and videos -> Mischa / Mini / Nutmeg / Smudge
    HOUSING STICKIES -> INDOOR / OUTDOOR RUNNING TOTAL -> 2014

Sounds like she is struggling to breathe. She needs to see a vet NOW. Call the emergency vet and let them know you are on your way. Good Luck xx

I remember an old thread about this...
    Going on a hunt for you.

Warren Veteran

I would agree- the vets is a must. I said this on my other thread. I wouldn't leave it and wait to see on this one. I think it's serious, maybe wrong, but better on the edge of caution with buns. Having seen a bun die of respiratory and what my vet said is EC, i'd hate something similar to happen to your bun. Fingers crossed it's not too serious though ...

P.s without initial meds- buns with respiratory problems can sometimes go down hill very quickly. Once they have some meds in them it's not so much a problem when they get past the initial stages, but needs ongoing maintenance xxxxx
    The opinions of Ambience are entirely personal- Please consult a vet regarding medical advice. Any suggestions given regarding care are personal oppinions only.

I can't find the thread.

No advice but hope you are now on your way to vets, and want to send vibes for your bun x

Brown booted bunny,
    Such a brave and special girl,
    Never shared carrots

A haiku for beautiful Fay who went to the Bridge 29/02/2012

Helicopter eared
    Happy-go-lucky man loves
    Dancing for dinner

A haiku for handsome Kenco who went to the Bridge 26/12/12

Sleep tight my handsome prince Starbuck and beautiful Dutch girlie Twinkle, we miss you all lots xxx