• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Can rabbits eat broccoli?

rabbitpal

New Kit
Hi, is eating broccoli bad or ok for rabbits? I wanted to make sure because yesterday I gave mine some.

Thanks! :)

Yes they can, it can be a bit too gassy for some rabbits though so keep an eye on them! Mine love it.

Yep, mine all love it!! I read that it should only be in small amount though due to the fact it can give them gas and cause bloat if given too much.

I wont give it.They have plenty of greens and herbs they can have without resorting to something that may give them tummy ache.I wont take the risk.
But thats me.:wave:

Mine love it too - but as with everything with rabbits (it seems) feed in moderation :D

Mine also love cauliflower, I think Barney loves the texture of the fluffy bits :wave:

Last edited:
I wont give it.They have plenty of greens and herbs they can have without resorting to something that may give them tummy ache.I wont take the risk.
But thats me.:wave:

This. I used to give the stalk but Mischa kept getting rather loud gas so I stopped. I stick to herbs and foraged weeds now.

Yes but as with cauliflower, kale, spinach & parsley it is high in calcium so not too much :wave:

Back