• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My New Outside Boarding Hutches - Finished

Just a big underbed storage box - nice and dark in there. The box fits exactly cross ways so there is no risk of bunnies escaping behind and causing havoc.

With bunny
KernowHouseAlmostFinished016.jpg

Without bunny
KernowHouseAlmostFinished017.jpg

Oooh nice, thanks for the piccies ....... you've given me some fab ideas!! :D x

Absolutely fantastic!! :wave: xx

Brilliant - am very impressed!! :D

The bunnies look pretty happy with them too lol. Hmmmm.... think I fancy a holiday down Surrey-way..... plenty of room for me and John in there I think! ;)

Lovely hutches. It must be lovely for people using your boarding facilities to see how much their rabbits will be cared for. :)

Could I ask what paint you used for the inside of the hutches? How long did it take to dry before it was bunny safe? Did you use just one coat?

Thanks x

Lovely hutches. It must be lovely for people using your boarding facilities to see how much their rabbits will be cared for. :)

Could I ask what paint you used for the inside of the hutches? How long did it take to dry before it was bunny safe? Did you use just one coat?

Thanks x

Hi

I use Cuprinol Garden Shades and I use one or two coats dependent on what effect I want (solid colour or wash effect). I follow the instructions on the tin for drying time but normally it's not more than a few hours. I paint the accommodation in advance of them being used normally, but if it's a renovation, I think I'd possibly leave it at least half a day in warm weather for the paint to be completely dry.

definitely just read this. this is too exciting. next time i go away the bunnies are coming to you! i lived in camberley for 19 years - it's still the family home :) but now i'm in kingston.

Well you'll find us pretty easily then - were only about 5 minutes from Longacres.:D

wow thats amazing, if only i had the room and money!
could i ask where you got the things that are on top of the doors? &how you attached them?:wave:

Hi there,

Wow amazing hutch!! :)

Sorry to hijack your thread! A bit of a random question but your bunny (is it twinkle? - the fawn coloured one) looks a double of my Jasper.

I was told Jasper is a dwarf lop and looks exactly the same size as yours. Would you consider yours to be overweight?

Everyone who meets Jasper says he is (not professional opinions) however one vet said he was and another said he is fine so wondered what your thoughts were? Jasper has a very content life but want him to be as healthy as possible. Is it just down to particular breeds that some appear on the bigger side, is it normal?

Thanks

Dan

Hi there,

Wow amazing hutch!! :)

Sorry to hijack your thread! A bit of a random question but your bunny (is it twinkle? - the fawn coloured one) looks a double of my Jasper.

I was told Jasper is a dwarf lop and looks exactly the same size as yours. Would you consider yours to be overweight?

Everyone who meets Jasper says he is (not professional opinions) however one vet said he was and another said he is fine so wondered what your thoughts were? Jasper has a very content life but want him to be as healthy as possible. Is it just down to particular breeds that some appear on the bigger side, is it normal?

Thanks

Dan

Hi Dan

Twinkle was boarding here so not mine, but no she certainly was a good weight, being fed on a mostly hay diet and an egg cup of pellets. Dusty is a Nethie so you can gauge the size a bit by that. She probably weighs at most about 2 -2.2kgs and I'd consider that a good size/weight for her frame. She was having quite a heavy moult in these photos which does make her look quite round.

WOW these are lovely - I would love to see some little window boxes on them lol - with like parsley or something the bunnies could eat as it tickles thro the wire or am i just being silly................lol :lol::lol::lol:

Good Value for money - Excellent Hutches, Love them

Hi Dan

Twinkle was boarding here so not mine, but no she certainly was a good weight, being fed on a mostly hay diet and an egg cup of pellets. Dusty is a Nethie so you can gauge the size a bit by that. She probably weighs at most about 2 -2.2kgs and I'd consider that a good size/weight for her frame. She was having quite a heavy moult in these photos which does make her look quite round.

Thanks for your reply!

Jasper is a little larger - approx 2.6kgs. I'm not overly worried as he is very mobile but wouldn't want him to get any bigger. Perhaps i overfeed a little, mine share a bowl of pellets each morning and again late afternoon (or equiv amount of veggies).

Thanks for your reply!

Jasper is a little larger - approx 2.6kgs. I'm not overly worried as he is very mobile but wouldn't want him to get any bigger. Perhaps i overfeed a little, mine share a bowl of pellets each morning and again late afternoon (or equiv amount of veggies).

That does sound like quite a generous portion :D

General rule of thumb for fit, healthy active buns is an egg cup each a day and no more. I only feed a small handful of veg a day too. Any more than that can add weight and desuade bunny from eating enough hay to move all the food through the gut too.

Maybe just try and cut down a little bit very gradually? :D

Back